pantothenic acid acetyl l-carnitine l-carnitine

23 replies to this topic

#21 tranceaddict

tranceaddict

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

My acne is not bad enough to use accutane. It's persistent but mild. I used to get about 2-3 small active pimples/week before and now I have 0-1. I am aware of the risks and I am willing to take them. My hair just looks a little bit thinner. It is not coming out in bunches or anything, however my scalp is more noticeable. I guess that's a bit of hairloss but I can deal with it as long as it doesn't get worse. In the shower when I run my hand through my hair I see approx. 2-4 hairs, which is nothing. I appreciate the concern, however I made this log to benefit others as well. The side effects, at least right now, are not significant enough to stop. Long term side effects could be very dangerous however there is no information available. 

#22 tranceaddict

tranceaddict

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

Week 16:

My acne is totally under control now! I have been using 4g and everything has been going great!! I haven't had any breakout in a long time and haven't had a pimple in a while. It feels fantastic to not have to worry about my face and I can now go out whenever and do my job feeling confident! Couldn't be happier. Hair loss is not an issue, and has not appeared any thinner than it was 2 months ago. 

#23 tranceaddict

tranceaddict

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Update:

I feel like it's time for an update. I have found that 4-5g a day of b5 is the optimal amount for me. I no longer have big pimples and when I do get a break out it is very manageable and goes away fast. I just have to stop picking and scrutinizing over tiny little bumps that I squeeze even knowing it's making things worse. I would say I get 1 pimple a week on average. And it's usually small. 

I also recently cut out milk, although i am still taking whey protein, which ill stop after the tub is finished, and it has definitely made a difference! I drink almond milk now and although it doesn't taste very good I know its worth it :)

#24 healthnut91

healthnut91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Nutrition, Physiology, Medicine

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

Are you still using the B5?  If so, how much and are you exhibiting any hair thinning still?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users