Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accutane And Fish Oil?

8 posts in this topic

Should I supplement with fish oil, while on Accutane? Im asking because fish oil is high in vitamin A.

Cod liver oil is high in vitamin A, but most "fish oils" or "omega 3 oils" aren't cod liver oil. There is a difference. Check the labels first, when in doubt check with your dermatologist. From what I remember when I took Accutane, Vitamin A is to be avoided but oils in general not necessarily so.

1 person likes this

Cod liver oil is high in vitamin A, but most "fish oils" or "omega 3 oils" aren't cod liver oil. There is a difference. Check the labels first, when in doubt check with your dermatologist. From what I remember when I took Accutane, Vitamin A is to be avoided but oils in general not necessarily so.

Please check with your doctor as I remember my own dermatologist advising me to not supplement with any Vitamin A while on Accutane.

When I was on Accutane I took a multivitamin that had no Vitamin A, and took fish oil with no Vitamin A. For me it definitely was beneficial, in the early stages of me taking Accutane my knees were slightly hurting. As soon as I took the multivitamin and the fish oil, I never experienced that problem again. But as Brandy mentioned above, talk it over with dermatologist first just to be safe.

When I was on Accutane I took a multivitamin that had no Vitamin A, and took fish oil with no Vitamin A. For me it definitely was beneficial, in the early stages of me taking Accutane my knees were slightly hurting. As soon as I took the multivitamin and the fish oil, I never experienced that problem again. But as Brandy mentioned above, talk it over with dermatologist first just to be safe.

I really would like the name of that multivitamin. smile.png

1 person likes this

I really would like the name of that multivitamin. smile.png