Photo

Copper Peptides Work?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#1 ringledman

ringledman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:22 AM

Can anyone honestly swear that C.P. actually works for scars/hiperpigmentation?

I aint convinced!

Thanks.
'Live the dream, don't dream the life'

'You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take'

#2 lyriaz

lyriaz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(ringledman @ Oct 19 2004, 06:22 AM)
Can anyone honestly swear that C.P. actually works for scars/hiperpigmentation?

I aint convinced!

Thanks.

View Post

copper peptides will be much more effective in combination with something like tca cross. the tca damages the skin, and the cp greatly aids in the process of the skin growing back/collagen regeneration.

#3 oldguy

oldguy

moderation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:16 PM

Like all things, it probably isn't very effective if doctors and hospitals don't use it. Although, I'm sure some people would claim and believe that it works well. Sorry if that offends anyone.
The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun. ~Ralph Nader
http://www.nrdc.org/...ord/default.asp
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#4 ParasiteEve

ParasiteEve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:38 PM

Seems to be working for me. ( i think)

Although i am using it with 10% lactic (every other day), emu oil, & exfol serum.

#5 amnesiac

amnesiac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:46 PM

not really

The significant problems we face in life cannot be solved with the same state of mind we created them.

#6 oldguy

oldguy

moderation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(ParasiteEve @ Oct 19 2004, 01:38 PM)
Seems to be working for me. ( i think)

Although i am using it with 10% lactic (every other day), emu oil, & exfol serum.

View Post

That's the problem with acne scar treatments. People do all these dif things, and there ends up being no way to know for sure which really helped. Plus, when the skin is damaged, it naturally heals and grows new collagen very fast. I think sometimes people just wrongly assume it was their peptides, vitamins, or whatever.

The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun. ~Ralph Nader

#7 GoldRex

GoldRex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:44 PM

Copper Peptides simply broke me out. I thought it may have been an anti-inflmmatory, but you've also got to realize that the serum is a deep, blackish cyan color-- so that may have been canceling a lot of red tones out of my skin.

#8 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:50 PM

Works great in 2 ways: Only over time, only when combined with peels. That's it. Be patient, and you may see good results. They don't work miracles, but there has to be a slight injury to the skin, and that's why Dr. Pickart states emphatically that a peel should be done in order to facilitate the collagen remodeling. Remember.....this only happens OVER TIME.

Some people say that they didn't work over time, but they worked great for me. I plan on doing a couple of 25% tca peels over the winter, and will definately use the copper peptides to facilitate healing and collagen remodeling, though I don't use them presently.

#9 ParasiteEve

ParasiteEve

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(oldguy @ Oct 20 2004, 02:55 AM)
That's the problem with acne scar treatments. People do all these dif things, and there ends up being no way to know for sure which really helped. Plus, when the skin is damaged, it naturally heals and grows new collagen very fast. I think sometimes people just wrongly assume it was their peptides, vitamins, or whatever.

View Post

Well i have been using a low % (10-12) of Glycolic & Lactic acid, 7 months prior to it. I used MD Formulations Clearing Complex which has 5% salyclic & 5% lactic (love this) for my pimples & hyaluronic to layer with my mosturiser.

My skin was fine, but i can see all these red marks on my cheeks that looks like they are 'alive' under my skin. They've been there for two years.. rolleyes.gif

I don't know, but i think i would know if i notice some sort of improvement.

Plus the only thing i've added into my already complicated regime was the CP serum & emu. Everything else was the same.

I'm glad it worked though, coz i am sick and tired of finding 'cure'. First the pimples, then the blemishes, then the scars...

#10 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(ParasiteEve @ Oct 20 2004, 03:55 AM)
Well i have been using a low % (10-12) of Glycolic & Lactic acid, 7 months prior to it. I used MD Formulations Clearing Complex which has 5% salyclic & 5% lactic (love this) for my pimples & hyaluronic to layer with my mosturiser.

My skin was fine, but i can see all these red marks on my cheeks that looks like they are 'alive' under my skin. They've been there for two years.. rolleyes.gif

I don't know, but i think i would know if i notice some sort of improvement.

Plus the only thing i've added into my already complicated regime was the CP serum & emu. Everything else was the same.

I'm glad it worked though, coz i am sick and tired of finding 'cure'. First the pimples, then the blemishes, then the scars...

View Post

CP's increase angiogenesis, (new blood vessel formation). So if you are prone to this I would not recommend using CP's.

#11 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(oldguy @ Oct 19 2004, 06:16 PM)
Like all things, it probably isn't very effective if doctors and hospitals don't use it. Although, I'm sure some people would claim and believe that it works well. Sorry if that offends anyone.

View Post

Actually they do use copper in wound and burn care. It is much better for that IMO. They may not use skinbios actual formula, but copper is very much used. With the peptides it is not toxic and I personally know many burn doctors who use it. But large scale use in hospitals? I am not sure.( I have been out of the loop for a while).

#12 AliaD1984

AliaD1984

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:58 AM

I've heard lots of good stuff about copper peptides so I think I'll order some for my later TCA crosses and if I ever do peels..this is the site ill probably order from because many people on this board have used these products....
http://www.scar-redu.../acnescars.html

heres other copper peptide places,I found on google

http://www.skinstore....asp?catID=1795

http://64.233.161.10...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

#13 oldguy

oldguy

moderation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2004 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(Shyana @ Oct 20 2004, 10:18 AM)
Actually they do use copper  in wound and burn care. It is much better for that IMO. They may not use skinbios actual formula, but copper is very much used. With the peptides it is not toxic and I personally know many burn doctors who use it. But large scale use in hospitals? I am not sure.( I have been out of the loop for a while).

View Post

You mean burn doctors actually use this on their burned patients?
Could you tell me any brand names that you have seen burn doctors actually using? I am extremely skeptical!

#14 Adam

Adam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2004 - 12:13 PM

CP works/causes an inflammatory response.

#15 Robert

Robert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:09 PM

I've been using copper peptides for 14 months in conjunction with peels and have noticed an improvement in my shallow scars (not the deep ones though). I have not had any problems with inflammation.
Romans 8:32

#16 janus

janus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:53 AM

my experience whit cp is that it works, but only in conjunction whit
peels ore retin a. but I also think taking a break from all those
tropicals is good, giving my skin a break for few days makes my skin look
mush better. back to cp I use super cop serum, but only a tiny bit
mixt whit emu oil after retin a, a few times each week.
I have come to the conclusion that less is more.

I have also found that thinking/being to concern about my skin, makes it
look like shit, maybe its some kind of stigmata

sorry about my English
you can save $5 at iHerb,com by using coupon KIX143 ore any other code for that matter, they all work the same .

#17 janus

janus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:51 AM

we need more clinical trails, trail not made in conjunction whit the
manufactory. I find it totally frustrating, reading all those adds
shit I hate it, its all about selling. I remember last time in a big
shopping center seeing those rich old ladys buying expensive creams
100$ 1,once I am sure it made them happy, and if the creams worked
for them, yes I think it worked, it made them happy dreamers, happy
consumers
you can save $5 at iHerb,com by using coupon KIX143 ore any other code for that matter, they all work the same .

#18 Shyana

Shyana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE(oldguy @ Oct 20 2004, 06:13 PM)
You mean burn doctors actually use this on their burned patients?
Could you tell me any brand names that you have seen burn doctors actually using? I am extremely skeptical!

View Post

Copper Sulfate solution is compounded and is not bought as a brand. This is used to wash burns and then rinsed off. It can be toxic if used improperly. It has antimicrobial and tissue regenerating properties and is often used with silvadene for severe burn treatment in acute phase. Procyte has gels with copper tripeptides used in wound care & burns. There are other geloids that use a mixture of copper as well as other trace minerals for wound and burn care but I can't remember the names off hand. These are used after crisis intervention. and are usually inconjuction with other dressings. Copper peptides from skinbiology is most often used for healing after control burns like lasers. But I know of some burn doctors who use it for tissue remodeling to help reduce scarring and prefer it over Procytes. Copper is a very much a part part of healthy collagen placement. Topicals have a place but are not the full answer for tissue repair. Since Procyte and SkinBio have the patents on these copperpeptide complexes I doubt if any further study will be done here. And I believe this is why little is accepted with these products simply because the data is not convincing. These complexes IMO are not regenerative enough but they do help. The push for stem cell,peptides and other growthfactor research is most likely where the answers are, but copper will need to be in there too. It is part of the skins healing process.

#19 oldguy

oldguy

moderation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for such a thorough answer, Shyana. smile.gif I agree with janus: "I find it totally frustrating, reading all those adds"
I have not seen a single study on human skin that proves that copper peptides are beneficial. After all this thought, my super oldguy powers of wisdom and research tell me that it isn't very effective, but it probably does help a little bit, kind of like what you said.

#20 LAET

LAET

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:45 PM

I used a whole bottle of that stuff and did not see a single result. The exfol serum worked a little better.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one. -John Lennon