Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ringledman

Copper Peptides Work?

98 posts in this topic

Can anyone honestly swear that C.P. actually works for scars/hiperpigmentation?

I aint convinced!

Thanks.

'Live the dream, don't dream the life'

'You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take'

Like all things, it probably isn't very effective if doctors and hospitals don't use it. Although, I'm sure some people would claim and believe that it works well. Sorry if that offends anyone.

The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun. ~Ralph Nader

http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/default.asp

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Copper Peptides simply broke me out. I thought it may have been an anti-inflmmatory, but you've also got to realize that the serum is a deep, blackish cyan color-- so that may have been canceling a lot of red tones out of my skin.

Works great in 2 ways: Only over time, only when combined with peels. That's it. Be patient, and you may see good results. They don't work miracles, but there has to be a slight injury to the skin, and that's why Dr. Pickart states emphatically that a peel should be done in order to facilitate the collagen remodeling. Remember.....this only happens OVER TIME.

Some people say that they didn't work over time, but they worked great for me. I plan on doing a couple of 25% tca peels over the winter, and will definately use the copper peptides to facilitate healing and collagen remodeling, though I don't use them presently.

That's the problem with acne scar treatments. People do all these dif things, and there ends up being no way to know for sure which really helped. Plus, when the skin is damaged, it naturally heals and grows new collagen very fast. I think sometimes people just wrongly assume it was their peptides, vitamins, or whatever.

Well i have been using a low % (10-12) of Glycolic & Lactic acid, 7 months prior to it. I used MD Formulations Clearing Complex which has 5% salyclic & 5% lactic (love this) for my pimples & hyaluronic to layer with my mosturiser.

My skin was fine, but i can see all these red marks on my cheeks that looks like they are 'alive' under my skin. They've been there for two years.. rolleyes.gif

I don't know, but i think i would know if i notice some sort of improvement.

Plus the only thing i've added into my already complicated regime was the CP serum & emu. Everything else was the same.

I'm glad it worked though, coz i am sick and tired of finding 'cure'. First the pimples, then the blemishes, then the scars...

Like all things, it probably isn't very effective if doctors and hospitals don't use it. Although, I'm sure some people would claim and believe that it works well. Sorry if that offends anyone.

I've heard lots of good stuff about copper peptides so I think I'll order some for my later TCA crosses and if I ever do peels..this is the site ill probably order from because many people on this board have used these products....

http://www.scar-reduction.com/acnescars.html

heres other copper peptide places,I found on google

http://www.skinstore.com/store/category.asp?catID=1795

http://64.233.161.104/searchq=cache:XRdCbQ...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Actually they do use copper  in wound and burn care. It is much better for that IMO. They may not use skinbios actual formula, but copper is very much used. With the peptides it is not toxic and I personally know many burn doctors who use it. But large scale use in hospitals? I am not sure.( I have been out of the loop for a while).

The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun. ~Ralph Nader

I've been using copper peptides for 14 months in conjunction with peels and have noticed an improvement in my shallow scars (not the deep ones though). I have not had any problems with inflammation.

Romans 8:32

my experience whit cp is that it works, but only in conjunction whit

peels ore retin a. but I also think taking a break from all those

tropicals is good, giving my skin a break for few days makes my skin look

mush better. back to cp I use super cop serum, but only a tiny bit

mixt whit emu oil after retin a, a few times each week.

I have come to the conclusion that less is more.

I have also found that thinking/being to concern about my skin, makes it

look like shit, maybe its some kind of stigmata

sorry about my English

you can save $5 at iHerb,com by using coupon KIX143 ore any other code for that matter, they all work the same .

we need more clinical trails, trail not made in conjunction whit the

manufactory. I find it totally frustrating, reading all those adds

shit I hate it, its all about selling. I remember last time in a big

shopping center seeing those rich old ladys buying expensive creams

100$ 1,once I am sure it made them happy, and if the creams worked

for them, yes I think it worked, it made them happy dreamers, happy

consumers

you can save $5 at iHerb,com by using coupon KIX143 ore any other code for that matter, they all work the same .

You mean burn doctors actually use this on their burned patients?

Could you tell me any brand names that you have seen burn doctors actually using? I am extremely skeptical!

Thanks for such a thorough answer, Shyana. smile.gif I agree with janus: "I find it totally frustrating, reading all those adds"

I have not seen a single study on human skin that proves that copper peptides are beneficial. After all this thought, my super oldguy powers of wisdom and research tell me that it isn't very effective, but it probably does help a little bit, kind of like what you said.

I used a whole bottle of that stuff and did not see a single result. The exfol serum worked a little better.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one. -John Lennon

The peptides have definitely helped me. I certainly don't need a clinical study to confirm what my eyes are telling me. :-)

Romans 8:32

Studies provided by the purveyors of these products should be taken with a grain of salt. I cannot call them independent.