acne tea green tea breakouts

6 replies to this topic

#1 Thorindooropener

Thorindooropener

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

I tried drinking green tea for a week or two & my skin looked great...until a few days ago.

Suddenly my skin's been breaking out something awful & getting really oily.

It's not that time of month or anything, and was wondering what a substitute could be. I love tea in the morning, but I don't know if I'd trust green tea anymore.

Peppermint, spearmint, lady gray, oolong...which one? And it'd help if you could list the benefits :)

#2 biggs881

biggs881

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

Topic moved

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Try the mint.
Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 ClearSkinAvenger

ClearSkinAvenger

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Try Triple Leaf tea's there amazing for your skin apparently i've been drinking the white tea and its been really helping me with my skin :)

#5 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Well, I must be the exception to every rule here, but my skin does not like mint teas (neither does my stomach, I get really bloated), or chamomile, or green tea. 

I have a cup of oolong in the morning if I need some caffeine to wake me  up - it has less caffeine than green tea.

I also love roiboos tea...I used to drink it every day when I had good skin, but now I'm trying to cut down on herbs in general for other reasons. But I still think roiboos is one of the best teas for your skin. Start with a cup per day to see how you react.

Also, avoid detox or cleansing teas. It's better to avoid any type of blended tea, and just go for ones that only have 1 ingredient. 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

^ I also wouldn't rule out the green tea (or white) yet either. Cut it out for a while to see if you get better, sure.  White tea is the same plant as green or 'black.' so you need to avoid it for a bit as well.

Rooibos is good, but it's purported to be one of the teas that absorb a lot of flouride from water, so the next thing to know is the origins of the tea and whether they have flourinated water or water naturally high in flouride.

Hibiscus is also wonderful, as a cold drink. 

Nettle tea could be very beneficial to you. It's a source of minerals as the plants have deep roots that gather a lot of nutrients from the soil. And it's antihistimine.

There's lemongrass. Clove if you'd like a spice tea. You'll find lots of eleborate recipes, but don't bother. You drop a clove or two in your cup of hot water. Cloves top the list of anti-oxidants. That's why it's so damn spicy.

And there's ginger.  Although I usually add a slice of ginger to just about any tea I'm drinking.

Also, plain hot cocoa - that's cocoa powder and water.  It might take a little to bit to get used to since you are probably accustomed to a sweet creamy drink.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#7 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

i'd go with nettle because it is a blood cleanser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users