Damn bro your personality is awesome. it overcomes your scars!! i bet you win girls for days man! great video
Appreciate the words
Thanks for sharing! It's great to hear from someone who's been doing dermarolling or dermastamping for such a long time, as so many people just disappear.
I have quite a few questions.
1) How long do you wait between treatments? A month or more/less?
2) If you just use the vitamin C cream afterwards (if I understood that correctly), does the treated skin scab? Have you considered using petroleum jelly or hydrocolloid bandages afterwards to prevent scabbing during healing, like some suggest?
3) How long is your downtime?
4) Have you noticed any negative effects on your skin? Such as new scars/worsening of scars, textural changes, pigmentation issues etc.
5) How important is it in your opinion to have acne fully under control? Of course you shouldn't needle on pimples, but does your skin have to be absolutely healed from any acne (inflamed or non-inflamed) before skin needling is safe?
5) What type of scars have responded best? If you have any rolling scars, have they improved? (I mostly have icepicks and boxcars but I'm considering dermarolling a couple of large shallow rolling scars as well).
Thanks so much and congrats on your improvement.
Well I did disappear for a few years, but I've been meaning to make a video (this was actually filmed a few months ago) and I finally got myself to finalize it. To answer your questions,
1) The minimum that you should wait is 6 weeks, but I wait for at least 2 months.
2) Vitamin C does treat skin scabs actually, since it has collagen properties to make the skin heal faster. I have never thought about using petroleum jelly or hydrocolloid bandages. My face was real bloody in the video, and there wasn't really any scabbing afterwards.
3) My downtime is 2 months.
4) No negative effects whatsoever. During the second, I definitely noticed microswelling underneath the dermis, which meant my skin was really smooth. This isn't permanent though It goes away after a month.
5) Yes, you absolutely need to have acne under control, no doubt about that. In fact, when I did this treatment in the video, I wanted to film myself much earlier, but I had acne here and there, so it was a no go for many weeks.
6) I have definitely noticed improvement upon rolling/box scars. Ice picks, I can't say but I supposed they rose up a bit over the years due to my many treatments.
I'll have to find better pictures, they're somewhere in my external harddive since I save all photos and compare them. Will get back to you guys once I find em. I'll even circle some parts where there were improvements.