Can Anybody Recommend A Product For Me?

5 replies to this topic

#1 LisaPautova

LisaPautova

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

I'm a 17 yr old female... I started getting tiny pimples around 15, but this year it's pretty much exploded into mild acne that will not go away. It's not that bad, I don't get cysts or anything serious, but it's just annoying.

I get acne on the sides of my face, my jawline, and my chin. I don't see how it could be a problem linked to anything, I'm healthy, active, I eat well, I sleep well.

Can anybody recommend some type of a facial cleaners/toner/cream that I can purchase from a drugstore that maybe worked for them?

My skin routine already consists of a gentle honey scrub every few days, I've found that exfoliation helps with my acne a tiny bit. 

I also use a good moisturizer every night.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2013-10-05 12.25.22.jpg

#2 nicklo62

nicklo62

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

What products have you tried, and what are you currently using?

It doesn't look that bad, you could probably try to use a benzoyl peroxide face wash. Do you have a walgreens/cvs/rite aid near you? They sell all type of BP face washes.

#3 LisaPautova

LisaPautova

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

It doesn't look that bad, you could probably try to use a benzoyl peroxide face wash. Do you have a walgreens/cvs/rite aid near you? They sell all type of BP face washes.

I don't use anything for acne as of now. Just a regular face wash (non for acne), vegetable exfoliater, and a night time moisturizer. I was looking for maybe a specific face wash for acne containing BP or SA.

#4 nicklo62

nicklo62

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

I don't use anything for acne as of now. Just a regular face wash (non for acne), vegetable exfoliater, and a night time moisturizer. I was looking for maybe a specific face wash for acne containing BP or SA.

Panoxyl makes a face wash. I believe it is called panoxyl foaming face wash with 5% benzoyl peroxide. Oxy also makes one, but I believe it is 10%, which might be harsh. I bought oxy right from shoprite once. You might have to go to walgreens to find panoxyl or you can get it online.

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Burt's Bees Acne Solutions line has salicylic acid washes and leave-on treatments.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#6 deann

deann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

pro-active is a complete benzoyl peroxide regimen i would reccomend,i've struggled acne since starting mild 14, in youth found bp all i needed,as older acne worsen with hormones did the birth control route 5yrs with spiro,wouldn't recommend got pulmonary embolisum from bc,had to stop them 2 yrs real bad acne till found safe product in place of bs...estrosense...just the name implies hormonal support,don't be fooled not a menapousel thing,it is balanced hormones supports healthy breast and periods,deffinitely has helped acne,however as said i would try pro active first...u sd eat healthy ect in my experience  food,exercise non of it relevent,acne is usually from genetics,u may say ur femily doesnt have it,my mom,sis, no my grandma dads side bad even when passed at 83 cause in her days they had no treatments for it, another guy i knew as teen real severe when in marines had skin graft u wouldn't know he had suffered acne,genetic from his mom developed severe again on his new beautiful skin...i know i went on an on wanted to give good insight hope u will try and helps   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users