No replies to this topic

#1 VISION101

VISION101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Hi all!

I normally check this website for help and I've finally decided to ask directly and join.  So here's a bit of background; I'm a college student and I have been fighting acne for about 4-5 years now.  I began with mild acne that has progressed to moderate acne.  I wouldn't say severe because it isn't all over my face, but I do get cysts and have to deal with inflammation as well as occasional acne on my back and chest.  I went to a dermatologist 4 years ago and have tried almost everything out there.  Finacea, Retin-A, Differin, Tazorac, Clindamycin Phosphate, Aczone, Acanya, Sumadan, Minocycline, ampicillin, doxycycline, you name it.  While on the antibiotic + topicals, I have great skin, except for right before periods.  I am aware of the bad side effects of using antibiotics for too long and honestly I am at the place where I know longer know what to try.  I've tried 3 different antibiotics, they work mostly, but the acne immediately comes back when the dosage is lowered or stopped.  I have tried ProActiv and other over the counters and have recently gone dairy free to explore that side of the acne.   I have considered Accutane but am not sure if I'm ready to take such a risk.  My acne is horribly stubborn and is so embarrassing to deal with at times.  I was wondering if there were recommendations of what to do next? I'd rather not take another antibiotic for fear of destroying the good flora in my body.  I know some women have had good results with birth control? Or is Accutane the best option left?

Thank you so much for your time and I really appreciate any responses!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users