Hey SweetJade and others, I'm back...zinc
Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:28 AM
Haven't been here for a while.How is everyone doing? I haven't been online at all for the past weeks so have lots of catching up to do, especially all of SJ's posts
But omg, I've actually done a colonic last week! This girl I know who is aware of the fact that I'm suffering from acne not only physically but also mentally, actually took me there.The woman there was really nice, explained one another before starting a colonic.It wasn't even that expensive, 50 euro for empty intestines, lol. But anyway, the colonic itself didn't hurt, it felt rather like a relief seeing your bowels go empty. But well, I guess there was nothing shocking about whatever came out , at least I didn't find it so, nor did the woman.But lemme tell you, right after the colonic, I felt so much better!! It may not go for everyone else as the woman told me that she actually had people passing out right after the colonic but as for me, I felt excellent! Not to mention the fact that I actually lost 5 kg the next day! And well, despite the fact that there is a tube involved up your butt, it was a special experience, lol.As for colonic-acne conenction, I say there is not a direct one although a colonic would be a perfect way to start a whatever ''acne friendly'' diet you want to start.
As for my skin condition, I've actually not had one breakout on my cheeks for the past two weeks. No breakouts on the cheeks of forehead but whiteheads around the mouth area on a daily basis.I think I read once somewhere here that if you have acne around your chin then your acne is actually a hormonal problem, dunno how much of that is true though. Oh and Im still waiting for my zinc supplements so hopefully I'll have them somewhere this week so I can finally start my zinc period!
That's it for now.
Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:48 AM
Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:11 PM
2) Facial hair doesn't cause acne unless you shave it too much and irritate your skin.
3) Weather may have an affect on irritating your skin and causing that kind of acne.
4) Colonics have been proven throughout the ages to be little more than a placebo but I'm honestly glad you feel better because of one.
Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:25 PM
Bye for now
Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.
Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.
Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.
Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:16 AM
I can't believe everything is taking so slow but my doctor actually called me last week with the blood results.They tested me for a couple of things I believe and she said that everything was fine except for the sugar levels which were quite high. So she made another appointment for another blood test just for the sugar this time. I also said that I wanted to have all the specifications on paper and she said that she would think about it and what my purposes were with the details. So I have another appointment on Tuesday and hopefully I will get all the details from the previous results.I mean, I have the right to know everything in detail right even though I wouldn't understand a thing but then I have you SJ, lol.Oh and as for zinc, there was a problem with the creditcard I beleive but anyway, it's all setlled now and the parcel is already on its way so I'll probably get it tomorrow or Saturday. Once I have the zinc capsules, what was the dosage again? They're 30mg each so would it be okay to take two capsules a day? Before or after a meal?
I'll be back with the results!
Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:55 AM
Errgh i experience the complete opposite, i experience less acne when i shave frequently and more acne when i don't shave, it took me a long time to figure this out but thats the situation of it.
Also doesn't some acne form when bacteria becomes trapped around the base of a hair root?
Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:29 PM