Photo

Severe Cystic Acne Log On Accutane 17Y/o

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 JunKim

JunKim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

I just got a reallly really big zit on my left cheek, a new zit on my nose and back.. few back of my neck, and shoulder area.

And don't ever suicide, no matter what.. it's really not worth it in the end. If you look down on the road after you go through puberty & and/or done with accutane, you can get laser surgery to get rid of scars.. and bam you have perfect skin again. I do get depressed though..

#22 Valerie44

Valerie44

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hang in there JunKim!!! Ive been on Accutane 3 times in my life time, Im now 43 so I know how hard it is and how depressed someone can get from acne. I still get break outs but not as bad as before. Accutane does work for most people so keep the faith and keep a positive attitude :)  Sending prayers for you and a great outcome!!!

MORNING

Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer
Take Minocycline 100mg (when needed)

NIGHT
Take Spironolactone 50 mg
Wash face with Skinceuticals Simply Clean
Apply Aczone 5%
Retin-A .1% (waits 20 to 30 mins before applying)

MAKEUP

Origins Silk Screen Powder in Light Spice from Macys

Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation
Lancôme Blush in Shimmery Pink Pool
Origins Lipstick in Buttercup
BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black
Sephora Contour Eye Pencil Water Proof in Black Lace

#23 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Haha my scars arent easy though. I have a dogbite scar on my face. Then i have ice pick scars on my nose. Then all sorts of scars all over my cheeks, forhead and temples.

I dont mind the scars on the cheeks, forhead and temples because i know that those are much much easier to treat. However, my nose scars, i have never seen a success story about someone with nose indented scars. Not one post in any forum.

Though in the future, im planning to excise the dogbite scar and then close it up with a plastic surgeon of course lol.

I dont get why but my nose scars are the ones that bother me the most along with the dogbite scar. I mean, imagine having ice picks and bumps on your nose, in the middle of your face.

But yeah, i hope we both make it through this and come out of this dark tunnel and have that smooth acne free skin in the end.

Edited by AghhNe, 12 October 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#24 JunKim

JunKim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

definately not in the mood now a days.. i think im breaking out from the moisturizer im using, it makes my face look so oily and and it says non oily and non condemogenic.. lol going to the dermatologist in 2 days... new big pimples everywhere

#25 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

definately not in the mood now a days.. i think im breaking out from the moisturizer im using, it makes my face look so oily and and it says non oily and non condemogenic.. lol going to the dermatologist in 2 days... new big pimples everywhere

What moisturizer? The one I've been using so far is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. A little goes a long way, and it's one of the few I've used that doesn't make my face look shiny. Then, at night I use a thick cream like Cetaphil because it doesn't really matter how greasy I am.

On Accutane as of September 13, 2013

My log

Month 1 - 20mg (finished)

Month 2 - 40mg (finished)

Month 3 - 60mg (finished)

Month 4 - 60mg (finished)

Month 5 - 70mg (finished)

Month 6 - 80mg (finished)

Month 7 - 80mg (finished)

Month 8 - 40mg (finished)

Month 9 - 20mg