cetaphil burning itchy greasy foundation makeup

No replies to this topic

#1 jkatt4

jkatt4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hi, I am brand new to the regime, found it poking about the internet on the weekend.  By the rave reviews I thought I would give it a try.  I purchased the following "oil of olay sensitive foaming wash" "bp gel" and "cetaphil moisturizer", I should preface this by saying that I have used MANY different acne treatments before, some much harsher (in my opinion) than BP.  I have also never really used a moisturizer before as my skin is usually quite oily, so I thought it was not necessary.

This is like I said my first day (applied last night and this morning) following the directions listed by Dan.  However I am having two oxymoronic problems, my face is itchy/burning/red like no other but is EXTREMELY oily, as if the cetaphil did not get absorbed.  

From what I understand the burning/itchy/redness is normal and part to be expected for the first couple weeks, however I do not understand the oily part.  I usually wear full foundation (MAC matchmaster liquid) applied with a brush, but I am now worried about applying it on top of my irritated skin, but I am also really self-conscious of looking like a tomato.

Any advice/help/stories are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users