Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ospray

spectrojel

46 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I've been using Spectrojel for several years now.

It has been quite gentle on my skin - I love it.

I've tried other cleansers and I find it is one of the few that does not irritate my skin.

I don't think its medicated however.

I wouldn't say it helps treat acne, but is safe for acne users.

no, it is not medicated, I am not trying to use it as an acne treatment. I've just never had a cleanser that gentle before and I am really enjoying it. Normally my skin gets sensitive but this stuff is really nice to use.

no, it is not medicated, I am not trying to use it as an acne treatment.  I've just never had a cleanser that gentle before and I am really enjoying it.  Normally my skin gets sensitive but this stuff is really nice to use.

My Regimen:

Morning:

- wash face with LUSH Fresh Farmacy cleanser

- LUSH Eau Roma Water as toner

- SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF30

Night:

- Wash with Murad Cleanser and/or LUSH Fresh Farmacy

- tone with LUSH Eau Roma Water

- apply Acne.org 2.5% BP generously or SkinCeuticals Retinol 0.5

- LUSH Enzymion moisturizer

Exfoliation:

- LUSH Angels on Bare Skin or

- Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Facial Peel

Makeup (used occasionally):

- Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (Popcorn)

- Silk Naturals Climax or Flirt blush

- Silk Naturals Perfecting powder

stop using spectrogel ... doesn't do anything for anything. get of it now! i used it for 2 months waste of money and i got worse

scottmicacchi@hotmail.com

keithsm4n - aim

It's not going to help acne if used alone.

It is only a gentle wash.

It doesn't irritate the skin.

But using it alone won't help acne - that's probably why appearance of acne seems to be worse.

i dont think spectrogel necessarily contributes to causing/keeping away breakouts..its probably just a matter of personal preference, and also washing routine, considering that you should be following the indications on the bottle so that the product can work properly. i recently switched from spectrogel to cetaphil when i started breaking out badly and started accutane. i do prefer the cetaphil, however i also realized that i hadnt been washing properly with the spectrogel, my mom actually asked me if i had followed the directions on the bottle, lol and i realized i hadnt been. anyways, its something else to consider.

charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more.. cause what charlie thought was H2O, was H2SO4

I love Spectrojel. It is excellent in combination with the regimen if you are breaking out. Super gentle, doesn't leave a film on your face (I rinse it off rather than wiping it off with a tissue).

Okay, I haven't been here in a while but it looks like I need to clarify some things.

I mean the use of spectrojel IN THE REGIMEN as the cleanser. I know what cetaphil is and I was asking if spectrojel is the same type of cleanser...which I am pretty sure it is.

Of course spectrojel alone is not going to control acne, I never implied that and you shouldn't believe that it would...it is completely unmedicated.

So anyway, I've been on the regimen for a few weeks now using spectojel as a cleanser and I like it. It feels much better on my skin than traditional soap cleansers. I haven't had any bad experiences with it breaking me out more like some people have so I must be lucky. There is also something they make called 'spectroderm' especially for dry skin which I think I will try the next time.

I found this stuff gave me some sort of allergic reaction, I think it acerbated my usually dormant eczema. I didn't find that it helped my skin all that much. I use a much better cleanser now smile.gif

It's not going to help acne if used alone.

It is only a gentle wash.

It doesn't irritate the skin.

But using it alone won't help acne - that's probably why appearance of acne seems to be worse.

I just started using Spectro Jel a couple of days ago. Extremely gentle. But I just don't like how it does not foam. I find that it is extremely similar to Cetaphil, but I have heard mannny great things about Spectro (except from this forum lol). Also, its a better bacteria killer than Cetaphil. Just make sure you follow the directions, and everything will be great!! I use it only in the morning followed by Biore's Triple Action Astringent. Spectro Jel is very gentle and I have no complaints.

"don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns"

Do you guys use the regular spectrojel or the fragrance free one? I have been using the regular one and it smells like alcohol...so I was wondering if the fragrance free one didn't have that gross smell. Thanks!

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

-----------------------------------------

I'm an Estée Lauder Beauty Advisor.

I've been using Spectra Gel for months. It's not really used as a preventative measure. It won't clear ur acne by itself. It's a great cleanser for makeup removal or just washing ur skin. Very gentle, doesn't dry out or irritate

Well, in Canada you can find it in most stores....

Outside of Canada there are some places.....and apparently derms in the U.S. sometimes carry it.

Do you guys use the regular spectrojel or the fragrance free one?  I have been using the regular one and it smells like alcohol...so I was wondering if the fragrance free one didn't have that gross smell.  Thanks!

omg, yesss. i've noticed the same thing. i just bought mine a few days ago and it smells disGUSting.  eusa_sick.gif smelt like brandy to me. but it's pretty gentle and it gets rid of makeup, which cetaphil did NOT at all.

Fragrance-free one is a  lot better. Still has a bit of an alcohol smell, but its very tolerable.

Man I luv this cleanser  eusa_angel.gif

I just bought the big bottle the other day.