Photo
Accutane

Will Accutane Work For Me If It Is Not Fully Drying My Face

dry oily

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 kinluek

kinluek

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

hey ive been on accutane for about 2 and a half months now 60mg a day i weigh about 56kg male 19 years old. my body has dried out and my oil production on my face has definitely decreased but its not getting any dryer im 2 and a half months in and my forehead and nose still gets quite oily from time to time. the only place on my face which has dried out fully i think is my jawline and neck. Is it okay for me to still be producing a bit of oil on my T-zone or does it need to completely dry it out for it to work..? im getting a bit worried because i hear a lot of people starting flaking and stuff within like 2 weeks... 

please can i get some insight from people who have been on this and tell me if this is normal?

#2 hasmas

hasmas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Your face will dry out completely soon

Accutane empire

#3 kinluek

kinluek

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Your face will dry out completely soon

ive been on it for almost 3 months though! how long did it take you to completely dry out?

#4 millionvoices

millionvoices

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

In my case, I actually never really experienced dry skin on my face and my skin never got completely clear either. Pretty much every success story I've heard about, the person experienced very, very dry skin, like everywhere, and they also ended accutane with clear skin. Not me! So if I were you, I'd talk to your dermatologist. Is your dermatologist going to increase your dose? Because if they are, then you will experience drier skin and in addition to clear skin when you're done accutane. I wish I talked to my dermatologist because I was one of those people, like you, who never got dry, flaky skin on my face during my course of accutane, and my dermatologist never upped my dose after 3 months either.. I had the same dose until my derm made me stop at the end of month 8.

Accutane certainly got rid of my OILY skin (while I was on it, that is), but it never gave me dry skin on my face. It did, however, give me really dry lips and really dry hands though. The skin on my face was at the perfect balance between dry and oily. It was neither. And like I already said, I never got dry, flaky skin on my face and I never got completely clear skin either. 

Is your skin completely clear right now? How are you doing in that sense?  

Edited by Sunshine278, 04 October 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#5 kinluek

kinluek

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

In my case, I actually never really experienced dry skin on my face and my skin never got completely clear either. Pretty much every success story I've heard about, the person experienced very, very dry skin, like everywhere, and they also ended accutane with clear skin. Not me! So if I were you, I'd talk to your dermatologist. Is your dermatologist going to increase your dose? Because if they are, then you will experience drier skin and in addition to clear skin when you're done accutane. I wish I talked to my dermatologist because I was one of those people, like you, who never got dry, flaky skin on my face during my course of accutane, and my dermatologist never upped my dose after 3 months either.. I had the same dose until my derm made me stop at the end of month 8.

Accutane certainly got rid of my OILY skin (while I was on it, that is), but it never gave me dry skin on my face. It did, however, give me really dry lips and really dry hands though. The skin on my face was at the perfect balance between dry and oily. It was neither. And like I already said, I never got dry, flaky skin on my face and I never got completely clear skin either. 

i think im in the same position as you, im dry everywhere else apart from my face although there has been a significant reduction in oil and my face is super tight once its been washed... my jaw line and neck gets pretty dry though... how was your acne after compared to before? i guess my acne has gotten a bit better but not much... i still break out if i eat shit

#6 Ballen

Ballen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

What is your dosage?

Dreams do come true.

#7 kinluek

kinluek

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

60mg a day im male weigh about 55kg

What is your dosage?

#8 Ballen

Ballen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

60mg a day im male weigh about 55kg

What is your dosage?

I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.. Acne isn't all about oil production. Although you could try supplementing with 12-25g zinc a day.
It drastically reduces the oil for most people.

Dreams do come true.

#9 sunshinetaradise

sunshinetaradise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

i'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm on my 7th month and i'm not completely clear either. I still get hormonal acne. I never completely dried out either. I'd get dry spots around my nose and my cheeks but that's it. I don't even need to use daily moisturizer anymore because my skin doesn't get dry. My lips however still get extremely dry! I go through days they're fine and then the next they're flaky and super chapped. I'm hoping that i'll be completely rid of my acne once my derm decides to take me off of it.