Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Painful!

6 posts in this topic

Ugh! I have another cyst on my face, there are two MASSSIVE ones on my chin, literally jutting out like mountains. I tried polysporin trick and it sorta helped one but the other is a monster. Suggestions?? I have pics on both sides of my chin

post-219166-0-04431100-1380238171.jpg

post-219166-0-75667000-1380238211.jpg

Ice.

See the link in my signature.

People never cease to amaze me. Some with their brilliance, others with their ignorance. eusa_think.gif

Here's A Few Acne.org Threads Of Mine You May Find Useful/Interesting (updated 7/25/13)

-- DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

-- How to Ice Inflammed or Picked at Cysts

-- Milk of Magnesia Uses

Other Threads Worth Looking At

-- Oily Skin Research Thread: This shows some of our previous efforts and explains the mechanisms behind oily skin.

-- My failed but enlightening experiment going the "less is more" route, aka "The Caveman Routine"

Icing and Naproxene did wonders for me with those. To be honest I also sometimes used light steroid creams on them, I don't know of this is good but it worked for me.

Successfully on "the regimen" from age 12 to 33 for cystic acne

Now:

100mg spironolactone since 08/13

Paula's Choice BHA 2%,

Green Cream 6 Retinol

Acne free and already almost free of hyperpigmentation, discolorations and wrinkles

Thank you! Icing helped but now I have another one in the right directly underneath the old one! ugh....... It never ends!!

Thank you! Icing helped but now I have another one in the right directly underneath the old one! ugh....... It never ends!!

People never cease to amaze me. Some with their brilliance, others with their ignorance. eusa_think.gif

Here's A Few Acne.org Threads Of Mine You May Find Useful/Interesting (updated 7/25/13)

-- DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

-- How to Ice Inflammed or Picked at Cysts

-- Milk of Magnesia Uses

Other Threads Worth Looking At

-- Oily Skin Research Thread: This shows some of our previous efforts and explains the mechanisms behind oily skin.

-- My failed but enlightening experiment going the "less is more" route, aka "The Caveman Routine"

Have you tried adding an NSAID pill? I think Naproxene really works best ( here it is Dolormin for women lol, no clue what brand it is over there.) It calms down a good portion of the inflammation. For me I found out that the size and pain of one of those cysts does not correlate with the amount of gross stuff inside. Sometimes a huge swelling and inflammation was appearing around a middle- sized cyst. My whole chin was swollen . Whatever you do, totally don't touch it. Sometimes I wanted to pop it just for the pain to go away. This was in all cases a bad decision. Unless it is showing a white head, don't touch. An otc cortisone cream applied thickly under a bandaid can really help alternated with the icing. Poor you, that looks really painful :(

Successfully on "the regimen" from age 12 to 33 for cystic acne

Now:

100mg spironolactone since 08/13

Paula's Choice BHA 2%,

Green Cream 6 Retinol

Acne free and already almost free of hyperpigmentation, discolorations and wrinkles