Photo

Eye Makeup Remover Recommendations?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 dunedain

dunedain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

My skin used to be pretty okay, in fact last summer I thought I was pretty much clear, but since using the acne.org regmin, my skin has just reacted terribly to it. Fast forward to now - my skin is super sensitive to a lot of products, even ones that I used to use. I've switched up most of my routine to suit the current state of my skin, but the only thing I need to find is a good eye makeup remover. 

I used to use Balea/Ponds/St.Ives makeup remover wipes but I don't think they were very good for my skin. Then I switched to using the liquid ones, like Nivea, Lancome, Loreal, Sephora, but I haven't used those in a while so I'm not sure what that'll do to my skin. I've tried using jojoba oil, but I find that makes me break out in the areas surrounding my eye, like my temples or even my brow bone. I'd like something more "natural" and preferably not an oil, since I don't wear waterproof eye makeup anyway. Any suggestions would be lovely! :)

AMCetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion, Cetaphil DermaControl Oil-Absorbing Lotion (SPF30)
PMCetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Clindamycin Phosphate 1%, Dan's 10% AHA, Benzagel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide 
ExtrasDiane 35 (since July 2 2013), Borghese Fango Delicato Mud Mask (2x/week)
My personal log here: http://www.acne.org/...l-gel-log-pics/

#2 EatsRainbows

EatsRainbows

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I like Simple's make up remover wipes :)

My Roaccutane Journey

16th May-27th October 2013

15 Years Old/Female/52kg

Month 1- 20mg

Month 2- 40mg

Month 3- 40mg

Month 4- 50mg

Month 5 and 1/2- 50mg

Also see page 4 on my log for the before and after photos :)

"You can't make a rainbow without a little rain"

#3 Calumma

Calumma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Same problem here . So I switched to the Clinique Lash Power Mascara that is really ultra resistant,  unless you take it off simply with water warmer than 38° Celsius. Yes, it is that simple. This way it will just easily come off when you do the regimen wash. Or just use a cotton pad with warm water. It really works.

Successfully on "the regimen" from age 12 to 33 for cystic acne
 Now:
 100mg spironolactone since 08/13
Paula's Choice BHA 2%,
Green Cream 6 Retinol

Acne free and already almost free of hyperpigmentation, discolorations and wrinkles

#4 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

It sucks that jojoba oil breaks you out. I love the stuff for removing makeup.

Give the Neutrogena makeup wipes a shot. I love those. The have oil free ones that I like.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#5 dunedain

dunedain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the suggestions ladies, I'll check'em out :)

AMCetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion, Cetaphil DermaControl Oil-Absorbing Lotion (SPF30)
PMCetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Clindamycin Phosphate 1%, Dan's 10% AHA, Benzagel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide 

#6 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

I was going to suggest ponds evening soothe..is that the one you used to use? I found the regular ponds too harsh for my skin, and I actually switched to the evening soothe ones because my skin was reacting to other wipes like korres. 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#7 SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Have you tried using anything like Pond's cold cream instead of the wipes? To me, it seems to do a more effective job than the wipes do, without leaving behind any residue.

On the other hand, if you really prefer the wipes, the Yes To Carrots brand makes a few different varieties. They're pretty affordable and are mostly organic.

#8 dunedain

dunedain

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

I was going to suggest ponds evening soothe..is that the one you used to use? I found the regular ponds too harsh for my skin, and I actually switched to the evening soothe ones because my skin was reacting to other wipes like korres. 

No, I haven't used the evening soothe, I think I just used the regular one. I will look into it, thanks! 

Have you tried using anything like Pond's cold cream instead of the wipes? To me, it seems to do a more effective job than the wipes do, without leaving behind any residue.

On the other hand, if you really prefer the wipes, the Yes To Carrots brand makes a few different varieties. They're pretty affordable and are mostly organic.

Hmm, I have the cold cream but I rarely use it these days because my skin isn't that dry anymore. I did use it when my skin got super flakey while using BP and it seemed to do the trick without breaking me out. It seems kind of a funny substance to use as a makeup remover though. Do you just dab it onto your skin and then wipe it off with a cotton pad? I have no preference really, just whatever doesn't break me out haha. I've heard of Yes To Carrots a couple time but I've never seen it in stores (I'm from Canada). Have I just missed it or is it something that you order online? Thanks for the suggestions :)

#9 SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

For the cold cream, I usually just massage it in all over my face and wipe it off with a warm, damp washcloth. It's not quite as effective if you use waterproof products though. The Yes to Carrots is available online, at both drugstore.com and yestocarrots.com.