Egcg Supplements

26 replies to this topic

#21 robbyangel

robbyangel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

Thanks robbyangel, I obviously did a lot of things wrong, such as coffee with my extract in morning, whereas my second dose was never on an empty stomach. Will take it with C and fish oil after fasting, and reassess after my next cycle.

Not giving up yet. I do think its less severe this time around and I normally break-out the entire month.

And I also took Mg at night which lessens its bioavailability.

Lilo, What's Mg?

Glad youre not giving up. I personally think because of EGCG's poor bioavailability its geting flushed out of the system in around 6-8 hours and thats with enhancing the bioavailability with  piperine or omega 3. Without the enhancement  I reckon its out of your system within 2-3 hours. ( you can see this in that graph on page 4 of the first link, not only are the plasma levels low but they tail off after a couple of hours)

So, try enhancing it with the omega 3 and split the dose every 8 hours to even things out.

I take my doses at 7am, 3pm and 10pm. I'm going to add omega 3 into the mix as well as the piperine. I probably dont need to but I want to experiment to get the optimal combo.

#22 Lilo

Lilo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Mg = Magnesium

Thanks for your advice, I'll make sure to update regularly. For now, I'll add Omega 3 and Vitamin C and make sure I take it on an empty stomach. Hoping it works.

#23 robbyangel

robbyangel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

Just an update as its been a month.

Things are looking really positive as I havent had any breakouts in the past 4 weeks at all. No side effects from taking the Omega-3 and EGCG extract 3 times a day.

What seems to work best for me is a combo of 1x1000mg Omega-3 ,1x326mg EGCG and 1x200mg VitaminC   3 times a day @8 hour intervals on a empty stomach (4hrs after a meal and 30 minutes before eating)

I'm going to stop using my morning 5% BP in Jan to see what happens. I've stopped using BP on my forehead and Ive had no breakouts so it looks promising and hopefully I can stop using it all together.

#24 robbyangel

robbyangel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

As of today ive ditched my morning 5% BP and switched to a EGCG cream (Madre labs brand). As the extract is working so well for me in tablet form I shall see how the cream goes.

#25 robbyangel

robbyangel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Well it looks like ditching the BP wasnt very clever. 1 week into stopping the BP ive had a minor breakout. This happened to me last year when I gave it up and bang exactly a week after the same thing happened.  This time its a lot better as breakout is much milder and not so aggressive. I put that down to the egcg extract. 

Back on the BP since last Friday.

#26 BSider

BSider

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Thanks for sharing the links on research to increase EGCG bioavailability.  I've decided to give EGCG supplements a try as well.  For about a week now, I've been taking --

Morning (1.5 hr before eating):

• 1000mg Krill Oil
  • 326mg EGCG
  • 500mg Vitamin C
  • Teaspoon of ground black pepper
  • 6 oz matcha green tea
  • juice from squeezed lemon

Afternoon (4.5 hr after eating):

• 1000mg Salmon Fish Oil
  • 326mg EGCG
  • 500mg Vitamin C
  • Teaspoon of ground black pepper
  • 6 oz decaf green tea

I haven't noticed any decrease in sebum levels, but my acne is less inflamed and I have less spots.  It's still early, so I'm tempering my expectations on whether these improvements will persist or not.

What seems to work best for me is a combo of 1x1000mg Omega-3 ,1x326mg EGCG and 1x200mg VitaminC   3 times a day @8 hour intervals on a empty stomach (4hrs after a meal and 30 minutes before eating)

Edited by BSider, 18 December 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#27 missC1990

missC1990

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

I bought this one too..... I read online everywhere it's possible to lower your T with this. Good! 

So you guys are taking it on an empty stomac? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users