Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would The Derm Laugh At Me?

3 posts in this topic

I want Accutane. But right now my skin is almost clear except for a million redmarks and 2 small cysts. I use Dan's Regimen which can help keep my skin mostly clear but it's a pain in the butt to use. And it isn't going to cure my acne. I go to college soon and do not want to struggle with acne and a complex regimen there. If I stop using the regimen even for a week my skin will break out like crazy; I have moderate acne which is mostly suppressed with the regimen. My acne is persistent as I have to use an increasing amount of bp to even keep it clear-ish

SO would a dermatologist just laugh at me it I asked for Accutane since my skin isn't that bad right now?. Would a dermatologist understand my dilemma that topicals aren't working well enough for me, and certainly wont in a dorm life setting? Should I let my acne get worse before I go to the appointment? Do I have a chance to get Accutane?

(And yes I understand how dangerous Accutane can be; the risks outweighs standing in a shared dorm bathroom for an hour, twice a day, putting goo on my face that barely works, all while being surrounded by a dozen other guys.)

Thanks!

The only way to know for sure is to go ask. All derms are different and one may say yes while another may say no.

I would NOT let your face get worse before going because what if you do this and the derm ends up not giving you the prescription?