Photo

Has Anyone Accepted Their Acne As Apart Of Yourself?

acne emotional

11 replies to this topic

#1 Jazzy17

Jazzy17

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love animals, skiing, painting, making DIY crafts, baking, going to the beach and listening to music.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Most of you guys probably haven't haha still searching for your own little cure as we all are. I've had acne forever and grew up with it now as an adult with acne i've come to terms with it a bit because it's just how people see me the girl with the acne. Which is fine i've learned to accept that. I've mostly just have grown apathetic towards my acne and have accepted it as apart of me. I still treat it but its a constant battle i keep losing haha. :P

#2 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Lot of people have cleared their acne in this forum. Look around its not impossible.

#3 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, cooking, knitting, long walks, nature, animals

Achievements

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

I'm trying to, but being 26 and always having perfect skin until now I find it very difficult.

#4 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

I am a guy with a small skin condition. I still have it after many many years, but it is not as bad as say, 15 years ago.

#5 DennisDo

DennisDo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Blogger, fitness, entrepreneur.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

<p>As you get older, you just learn to deal with it and be more relaxed about it. When I accepted my acne, my stress was lifted by that much.</p>

Edited by DennisDo, 01 October 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#6 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:the latest & future technology, singularity, new world order's agenda, alex jones show =) cool stuff like that. I also like seeing anime, action packed movies, getting platinum trophies on my ps3!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

At the moment I couldn't do it. Would like to not have to either, but I mean if I get to 30 & still have flaws. What choice would I have at that point...

#7 faceandlms

faceandlms

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Lot of people have cleared their acne in this forum. Look around its not impossible.

The active acne isnt the main concern for me. Im about to go on low-dose accutane. 

I have raised scarring, huge pores and seb derm like redness (butterfly rash pattern, the epicenter of the redness is the upper lips right beside my nostrils) 

I think my only hope in the long term is a skin transplant. 

#8 Jlisondra

Jlisondra

misalnya u tidak tahan ketika aku pergi.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

well, even if my face is clear for the day, i still have scars. i still have oily skin. there's always something that reminds me "you have acne, or you had it." acceptance was the hardest thing for me, but i think it's easier when it's how your face has been for most of your life. i have mild acne right now, and i know it's said a lot in this section of the message board, but i know there are other things about me ..whether it's physical, or not, that i am grateful to have. that's how i see it now, and that's not how i chose to see my skin problems when i was younger. 

#9 bamboomama

bamboomama

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

nope.

i didn't accept acne as something that was a part of me because i didn't come into the world with a face that had acne.

i did accept that my skin was going through some changes and i worked with it. overall, regardless of how bad i thought my face looked at times, i knew that that wasn't me.

#10 Mugisha

Mugisha

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I enjoy training , good food and learning new methods to beat Acne.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

Most of you guys probably haven't haha still searching for your own little cure as we all are. I've had acne forever and grew up with it now as an adult with acne i've come to terms with it a bit because it's just how people see me the girl with the acne. Which is fine i've learned to accept that. I've mostly just have grown apathetic towards my acne and have accepted it as apart of me. I still treat it but its a constant battle i keep losing haha. tongue.png

Best thing I did concerning my Acne , took so much of the stress and pain away by accepting that this may not be me forever but it is right now and aside from treat it I cant really do much else...So why waste my time stressing about it. That train of thought got me through :) 

#11 Ballen

Ballen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Psychology and Entrepreneurship.

Achievements

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I will never accept it. Period.

#12 TemperateCent

TemperateCent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

I accept that I am ugly and look disgusting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users