My Journey To Clear Skin!

1 reply to this topic

#1 MichelleMae

MichelleMae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hey everyone I finally got "The regimen" this blog might get off topic and all over the place but it's been two days so far that I've been on the regimen using it very precisely according to Dans master plan. So far in the morning I get my timer ready for ten seconds, wash my hands, splash my facemwith luke warm water, lather up two pumps and gently massage barely touching my face I let the foam sink into my skin, rinse and pat dry with clean cloth. I then wait ten mins, wash my hands, then use only a pea size of BP, then wait another ten mins, wash hands and apply two pumps of moisturizer ( I will increase BP weekly) Dan says to try BP once a day for the first couple weeks but I went ahead and applied twice daily but a pea size and I will continue to apply twice daily and increase amount weekly. I want to include that I have officially changed my diet no sweets, no dairy, no fried food (trying to avoid) lots of water and two cups of green tea daily, and I am also taking doxycycline 100mg twice a day. I also use make up on a daily except weekends when i stay home to let my skin breathe but i never wear my make up for more than eight hours a day. So far the regimen has already made my face dry and flaky just two days but no burning or irritation a little itchy but nothing major, bp kind if makes my eyes burn even though I don't put it anywhere near my eyes. Results in two days obviously nothing extreme but I can see a little decrease in big pimples but I feel more has come to the surface with the white pus or whitehead whatever you call it. Well I will be updating weekly along with weekly photos! I hope you all join me on the journey to clear skin. God Bless!

Edited by MichelleMae, 18 September 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

Michelle, I've moved your post to Regimen logs.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users