#1 glittergirl27

glittergirl27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hi,
I am having trouble dealing with the emotional pain

Edited by glittergirl27, 19 September 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#2 patrick92

patrick92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

Hi,

Well you not alone, that's for sure. Acne is often emotionally draining but lots of us on here suffer with low self esteem and various anxieties caused by our acne, so there are plenty of people who know how you feel (myself included). I find these forums are great not just for researching potential treatments, but also for venting your frustration and connecting with others who have similar experiences/problems. 

Anyway I'm sure you'll find lots of support on here.

#3 AmandaSA

AmandaSA

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I'm a YA writer and book lover.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

You are not alone!! Anyone with acne knows what you're going through. When I first got bad acne (about six years ago) I withdrew completely, didn’t want to go to school (college), and I passed up a lot of experiences because I was embarrassed and lost so much self-confidence, and that’s something I truly regret. None of my friends had (or have!) acne either, so I felt really alone.

This video really helped me. Cassandra Bankson is very open about her struggle with acne, and it made me realize I was letting acne control my life TOO MUCH. She's also where I first heard about this natural acne treament called AcnEase that I recently started using. I researched it extensively, seriously for like a year, and liked so much that I'm an ambassador for them now. They recently said on their Facebook that they're "in the midst of creating a powerful webinar designed to help ANYONE with acne overcome the emotional aspects in order to follow through with treating acne, and breaking the acne cycle once and for all." It's a free webinar and you might find it very helpful!!

*Moderator edit, URL removed – please read the board rules*

Best of luck!

#4 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Hi,

Hi :)

You're definitely never alone on this site. Majority of people will be able to relate to your situation or to how you're feeling in one way or another.

Acne can be really hard to deal with because of the emotional impact it has. It's horrible how it does that. It can wreck your self-esteem among other things and that's terrible. But remember there is more to you, and all of us, than our skin. And there is no reason why we shouldn't be happy just because we have acne.

Hang in there comfort.gif

#5 j0sephine

j0sephine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hi,

Most people have emotional pain when dealing with acne. What you need to do is to hope and pray. That is one of the things that had helped me. Believe that your skin will get better. Don't let your skin DEFINE you. 

I have pretty bad acne and here are all my flawless friends. Acne has damaged me, affected me, killed me. There is not one day where i absolutely hate acne. But we can't control it.

i have found something that someone has said on this site, "don't let something you can't control take in control of your life". Read through all these forums and you will finally find that you are not alone on this journey.

Now, im not saying I don't get sad at all. I do, but whenever i get sad, i tell myself that everything will be better..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users