Photo

If Igf-1 Causes Acne, Why Take Zinc/magnesium/vit D?

igf-1 zinc magnesium vitamin d insulin

3 replies to this topic

#1 Teenagebusta

Teenagebusta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

OK, so IGF-1 contributes to acne right?

It is well known (from a quick Google search) that some vitamins and minerals such as Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin D considerably increase plasma IGF-1. I know there are large benefits in taking these supplements for other reasons but surely the fact that Zinc could raise IGF-1 levels in plasma by 25% outweigh any other benefit from taking them.

I have personally seem a huge improvement since I have STOPPED taking these supplements, now I just take beta carotene and/or Vitamin A and things are looking better.

Thoughts?

#2 bleedingrose

bleedingrose

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Curing Skin Disease by Tackling The Root Cause of The Problem Not Masking It, I Want To End Skin Related Suicide.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

I think, although individual vitamin and mineral supplements are classified as alternative/natural therapy they are a very unnatural source of nutrition. The day I realised homeless and starving people had better skin than me I stopped with the vitamin/mineral route and spent my time searching for real causes of skin disease. If anyone does want to enhance nutrition - herbs, flaxseed oil, brewers yeast, spiriulina, sea kelp, epsom salts etc are food source supplements, but vitamin and mineral extraction is just unnatural. High doses of vitamin C really worry me, people will end up with scurvy if they let their bodies get used to such high amounts.

Edited by bleedingrose, 21 September 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#3 Teenagebusta

Teenagebusta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

bump.

#4 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me