Photo

Exfoliation? Almost 12 Weeks In The Regimen

exfoliation dkr the regimen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 carebear06

carebear06

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hi guys, I'm in my 11the week ...ending on friday! 

Ive been using the method of jojoba oil as a method of exfoliation before i cleanse when i feel like my face needs to! ( like every 5 days or so ) however, it hasnt been doing much as i can still feel the flakes when applying the the other steps on the regimen & i find myself trying to take them with my fingers off during the course of the day which i don't wana do. 

do u guys have any other method of exfoliation? Or what other products do u recommend?

ty! wub.png

Before the regimen - http://www.acne.org/...re-the-regimen/

AM
- CLEANSER: Acne.org
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 1/2 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Olay complete with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

PM
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for EXTRAordinary destiny" -C.S Lewis

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

I was clear for a couple of months on the regimen (5 months or so in) when I was tempted to use my dermalogica exfoliating pads.  OMG did my skin feel amazing that night, and when I put makeup on to go to a party my skin looked fantastic and the makeup sat beautifully.  Until 2 days later when I had an awful breakout which took a couple of weeks to clear again.

So my advice would be to give it a go, but be mentally prepared for an adverse reaction (however you might be one of the lucky ones! :) )

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that :)

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#3 carebear06

carebear06

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

I was clear for a couple of months on the regimen (5 months or so in) when I was tempted to use my dermalogica exfoliating pads.  OMG did my skin feel amazing that night, and when I put makeup on to go to a party my skin looked fantastic and the makeup sat beautifully.  Until 2 days later when I had an awful breakout which took a couple of weeks to clear again.

So my advice would be to give it a go, but be mentally prepared for an adverse reaction (however you might be one of the lucky ones! :) )

Great ..i think im mentally prepared for anything by now lol after passing thru 11 weeks ...whew! I've just finished university & starting work in a few weeks so i wana at least have the flakes under control by then

I'll research about it & see if its available in stores :) Ty :D

AM
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Olay complete with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

PM
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

#4 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

The St. Ives Apricot scrub is definitely my favorite. I use that in the morning after a full face of AHA and my skin feels so good after. 

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#5 carebear06

carebear06

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

The St. Ives Apricot scrub is definitely my favorite. I use that in the morning after a full face of AHA and my skin feels so good after. 

U know what think i'll try that .. My mom has one that she doesnt use lol .. Money saved! I never really used those apricot stuff before ..but i guess its worth trying
Ty! :D
Oh! Do u use it before u cleanse in the morning?

Unfortunately, its not available in stores where i'm from. Can u imagine i had to order the cetaphil/cerave lotion online too? Smh .. This country has nothing i need lol ..

Thanks tho ...i'll give the apricot scrub a try :)

Edited by carebear06, 18 September 2013 - 01:07 PM.

AM

PM

#6 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

I get in the shower and do the apricot scrub, I still do it very gently. Then after washing everything off, I wash with my cleanser.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#7 carebear06

carebear06

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I get in the shower and do the apricot scrub, I still do it very gently. Then after washing everything off, I wash with my cleanser.

Thnks ...will do!

AM

PM

#8 ahyui

ahyui

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

I use the product Cure Natural Aqua Gel and it's an amazing exfoliator. It's Japan's #1 selling exfoliator and I love it. You can watch some reviews on YouTube about it. Basically it's a gel, with no beads or exfoliators inside of the product, but once you apply it on your skin and softly spread it around, it will shed all of your dead skin cells. I use it about once a week (or when needed) and it makes my skin feel so soft and perfect. And the best part about it is that it's the most gentle and effective exfoliator ever. Sorry if it seems like I'm advertising (I'm not) I just really love this product and think more people should know about it and try it out. smile.png 

But yes I do think it's extremely important to exfoliate while on The Regimen because you can't just leave all that dead skin on your face, which also causes some breakouts. As long as you're gentle and careful (don't scrub!) then exfoliation will do wonders for your skin.