wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting clear, and staying that way

Achievements

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

Day 291

Haven't updated in a while... basically, since my last derm appointment, I've been moved down to 20mg. I'm supposed to take 20mg daily for two weeks, then 20mg every other day - and that is supposed to be the end of my course.

When I had my appointment earlier his month, I barely had breakouts (it was due to this fact that the derm decided that the coming month would be my last on Accutane), but since then I've been having more and more. A lot of them are around my chin / mouth area, or on my upper forehead. My cheeks and cheekbones have stayed more or less clear. The pimples aren't cystic like before, they seem to all be comedonal, but get inflamed and turn into whiteheads nonetheless. In addition, my oil has come back - maybe not as bad as pre-Accutane, but it's still bad.

Hence, since I don't intend to continue Accutane for much longer, I've been future-proofing. I've started looking up post-Accutane skincare products and already have a regimen lined up. For the last couple of days I've been using a 10% BP wash (Oxy Maximum Action) which I had lying around, and it's made things somewhat better. Even though it's only been a couple days, my breakouts have subsided somewhat. I'm eager to see whether a 10% BP wash, day and night, will be enough to keep my minor breakouts at bay. Since Oxy is apparently being taken off the market, I'll be replacing it with Topix 10% BP wash, which is a better deal and only has four ingredients. If a wash doesn't prove to be enough, I'll hop back on the Acne.org regimen but restrict it to night-only use (seeing as how one of the main reasons I did Accutane to begin with was because I like to lead an active lifestyle, and running around sweating with BP dripping down my face is not a pleasant experience... plus it's ruined a LOT of shirt collars). In addition, I'll moisturize day and night with Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, which has been my go-to lotion for a while.

Accutane's been a heck of a ride, an expensive one at that. It's definitely tightened up my skin, but in the end, I haven't stopped breaking out - although acne is a lot more manageable now. Hopefully it doesn't get even worse in the coming months.

On Accutane as of September 13, 2013

My log

Month 1 - 20mg (finished)

Month 2 - 40mg (finished)

Month 3 - 60mg (finished)

Month 4 - 60mg (finished)

Month 5 - 70mg (finished)

Month 6 - 80mg (finished)

Month 7 - 80mg (finished)

Month 8 - 40mg (finished)

Month 9 - 20mg

0 user(s) are reading this topic