wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting clear, and staying that way

Achievements

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Day 21

Same old story. Random pimples coming in here and there. My skin doesn't look as nightmarish anymore simply because the redness from the eczema is almost gone, and skin isn't all dry and flaky thanks to consistent cleansing and moisturizing. Been getting some strange pimples, like one REALLY close to my eye (but still far enough that I can tell it's a clogged pore and not some eye infection), and two on my left earlobe, of all places.

I've been using CeraVe lotion as a daytime moisturizer for the past couple of days, but it looked really greasy and I think contributed to redness somewhat. This morning I tried Aveeno lotion with oatmeal, and it makes my skin looks a little more civilized. At night I've been using Cetaphil Cream and been loving it.

I don't think I'll update as often now, unless something major happens, like if my face explodes again or if I magically clear up.

On Accutane as of September 13, 2013

My log

Month 1 - 20mg (finished)

Month 2 - 40mg (finished)

Month 3 - 60mg (finished)

Month 4 - 60mg (finished)

Month 5 - 70mg (finished)

Month 6 - 80mg (finished)

Month 7 - 80mg (finished)

Month 8 - 40mg (finished)

Month 9 - 20mg

#22 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Day 23

I said I wouldn't post as often, but I feel like posting anyway.

Skinwise I've been doing okay... not good, not bad. Breaking out more, ranging from cysts to tiny little whiteheads. Stuff is definitely pushing out: my nose has a rough texture from all the plugs pushing out, and I'm finding little white pus bumps and strings on my skin all the time XD ... eczema is still staying away so that's good.

Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of side effects. I have some "pimples" that really bother me though, because instead of pushing out and drying up like any self-respecting acne should, these guys have instead formed into tender red bumps that show no sign of ever leaving. I've had some of this stuff on my chin and chest since March, another one since May, and finally one that's been with me since the beginning of my Accutane treatment. My derm appointment is on Friday, but I can't see my dermatologist and instead have to see her assistant. I doubt she'll have any answers as per these "unique" pimples, so I guess I'll just have to hope that an increased (hopefully) dose of Accutane can do something about them.

Had a little alcohol craving today but firmly told myself "NO". Lol.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#23 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Day 26

Still getting random breakouts, but somehow they seem more subdued and less monstrous than pre-Accutane. A lot of smaller red bumps, and much less large inflamed stuff. I haven't been getting eczema at all, so maybe my skin has adjusted to the medicine, or maybe it's the Aveeno lotion that's doing it. My one qualm with the lotion is that it's so sticky, and leaves my skin feeling kinda rubbery. But it moisturizes and has a matte finish, so I think I'll be sticking with it nonetheless (no pun intended).

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#24 JunKim

JunKim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Still breaking out? I'm still breaking out at nearly month 2.. sigh

#25 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Still breaking out? I'm still breaking out at nearly month 2.. sigh

Yup... I've heard some people keep breaking out right until the end of their course! I hope that's not us though...

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#26 Mitch P

Mitch P

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Anything in the Rocky Mtns.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'm on month 3 and last week was the first time I had a bad breakout since I started. Not sure if this is just a delayed IB? But yeah I'm in the same boat as you guys, hopefully this subsides in my last 2 months.

#27 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

I'm on month 3 and last week was the first time I had a bad breakout since I started. Not sure if this is just a delayed IB? But yeah I'm in the same boat as you guys, hopefully this subsides in my last 2 months.

It could be, especially if you recently started a higher dosage...

Day 28

Hanging in there... not much in the way of new breakouts, mostly just waiting on old pimples to run their course... although I have gotten a couple tiny red ones right next to my lips, and I hope they don't get bigger, just because lip acne and the red marks they leave behind are so noticeable. I already have ton of hyperpigmentation around my lips and I don't want more.

Dermatologist tomorrow... then bloodwork Saturday hopefully.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#28 Mitch P

Mitch P

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Day 28

Hanging in there... not much in the way of new breakouts, mostly just waiting on old pimples to run their course... although I have gotten a couple tiny red ones right next to my lips, and I hope they don't get bigger, just because lip acne and the red marks they leave behind are so noticeable. I already have ton of hyperpigmentation around my lips and I don't want more.

Yeah about a month ago I got bumped up from 40 mg a day to alternating between 80 mg and 40 mg. Any thoughts on going back down to just 40 everyday?

#29 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

Day 28

Yeah about a month ago I got bumped up from 40 mg a day to alternating between 80 mg and 40 mg. Any thoughts on going back down to just 40 everyday?

Well, the thing is, if you've already broken out, then bumping back down is not the best idea because the higher the dosage, the faster the breakout phase will be over... so I think it's best to just stick to what your derm prescribed. From what I've read, people who start on high dosages tend to experience scarier breakouts at first, but they go away faster, whereas if someone breaks out on a lower dosage (like me), then things take much longer to sort themselves out.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#30 Mitch P

Mitch P

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Ok cool thanks.

Day 28

Well, the thing is, if you've already broken out, then bumping back down is not the best idea because the higher the dosage, the faster the breakout phase will be over... so I think it's best to just stick to what your derm prescribed. From what I've read, people who start on high dosages tend to experience scarier breakouts at first, but they go away faster, whereas if someone breaks out on a lower dosage (like me), then things take much longer to sort themselves out.

#31 Aventus

Aventus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

I just started yesterday and am super anxious to see something happen haha. Bad or good. Keep us updated and keep your head up. Clear days are ahead.

#32 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Day 29

Derm appointment today, also got bloodwork done. The derm office should have my results Tuesday, and hopefully I can pick up my next 30 pills that evening.

Not too happy with my skin atm. Lots of red bumps everywhere, as well as whiteheads and clogged pores and other nonsense. No huge cysts at least. Also the Aveeno moisturizer keeps leaving this annoying white film on my face that's almost impossible to scrape off.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#33 JunKim

JunKim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Day 29

Derm appointment today, also got bloodwork done. The derm office should have my results Tuesday, and hopefully I can pick up my next 30 pills that evening.

Not too happy with my skin atm. Lots of red bumps everywhere, as well as whiteheads and clogged pores and other nonsense. No huge cysts at least. Also the Aveeno moisturizer keeps leaving this annoying white film on my face that's almost impossible to scrape off.

Same here.. I got around 10 new pimples... lol... big ones too.

#34 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Day 29

Same here.. I got around 10 new pimples... lol... big ones too.

It seems to be common for people to start seeing dramatic improvement around the middle of the third month / start of the fourth month. So I'm looking forward to that... but I also realize that it's so different for everyone that there's no way of knowing. Right now I'm just trying to take each day as it comes, not let breakouts get to me too much, and deal with the side effects as best as I can.

Day 30

Didn't take a pill today because I'm saving it for tomorrow. Acne is same old... also I might be officially done with Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, because the white waxy film it leaves on my face is just too annoying to deal with. It's a shame, because other than that it was a really nice, creamy, shine-free moisturizer.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#35 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Day 33

Haven't gotten new pills, nor do I even know the results of my bloodwork yet. Bloodwork was Friday, last pill I took was Sunday.

Still breaking out of course, but nothing too crazy. Pimples and hyperpigmentation look REALLY red though, I'm guessing it has something to do with sun exposure and not enough sunscreen. Lips are kinda dry, there's one patch that keeps peeling. Had some major dandruff yesterday, especially in my sideburns, so today in the morning I just conditioned my hair, no shampoo. Eczema is staying away though, so that's good.

EDIT: Well, just got a call from the dermatologist office. They told me my bloodwork was okay and I can pick up my prescription... however, when I called the pharmacy, they told me the Accutane would be ready in three days. So... have to wait til Friday. That'll be four or five consecutive days without a pill, and 5/6 total. Oh well... shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by wombat666, 15 October 2013 - 02:39 PM.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#36 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Day 34

Well... although they told me my accutane would only be ready Friday... I called today and they had it! So I stopped by in the afternoon, picked it up, and took my first 40mg pill a couple hours ago! Heck yeah... playing in the big leagues now! I'm interested to see what the next couple weeks will bring.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#37 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

Day 35

I'd say my face looks worse than it has in a while. Got some new pimpletons; a couple red ones on my left forehead, a painful one right between my nostrils of all places, a small but REALLY red one in the middle of my moustache area, and a big old red cyst on my left cheek.

The past week or two on 20mg, any new pimples I got had been healing really slowly for some reason, so I hope 40mg speeds up the process somehow.

My face still has a LONG way to go, but my back is doing nicely. Literally no active cysts at the moment, just small comedonal stuff... Hopefully that keeps up.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#38 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Day 37

Look and feel pretty horrible at the moment. They are just a couple cysts, between nose / cheeks on either side, but they are SO large, red, unsightly and painful. Also couldn't resist the urge to pick tonight and that just caused a lot more redness and irritation, plus some dark red spots. I was feeling pretty upbeat these past two weeks but tonight is quite the opposite.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#39 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Day 38

The ones from yesterday look maybe 10% calmer, but unfortunately got some new ones coming in as well. Everything causes a LOT of redness, even the really small ones.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#40 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Day 40

Breakin' out... big old cyst on my forehead... the older stuff is looking a bit calmer. The one new area that's bothering me is right below my lower lip... a big massive pustule formed and was leaking all through the night... then this morning it looks like it's left two or three friends in its wake. I hope they don't swell up and leak everywhere like their dad. I hate pimples near lips because everyone always thinks it's herpes.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

0 user(s) are reading this topic