#41 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Day 57
My skin is the worst it's been in a long time, the epiduo has caused a huge breakout, eczema and cystic acne.
Where the cyst was I now have the biggest brown scab ever. It isn't coverable.
I couldn't spend the weekend with my boyfriend and I'm dreading work next week.
I've spent the day in bed can't eat or go out.
I'm so depressed, I feel like I can't go on and want to die.
I'm holding on tightly to the thought of receiving the letter for my hospital appointment soon to see the dermatologists and hopefully be put on accutane.
I feel it's a losing battle and I'm utterly depressed. I don't know how to cope or what to do anymore except smoke and feel sorry for myself

Don't give up! Literally, I've seen photos of your skin and if I can get relatively clear after the horrific breakouts I had this summer then you most certainly can as well. :)

#42 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, cooking, knitting, long walks, nature, animals

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

I just feel too beat and embarrassed to fight or cope anymore. I feel dianette isn't working and epiduo has destroyed my face. I have just lost hope and the will to fight

#43 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

I just feel too beat and embarrassed to fight or cope anymore. I feel dianette isn't working and epiduo has destroyed my face. I have just lost hope and the will to fight

Believe, I've been there, but I can assure you that it does get better if you stick it out. Birth control always takes a long time to work because it works by adjusting the levels of various different hormones which takes time to have a visible effect on your skin. I didn't start seeing any effect from it until near the end of month three but since then it has been steadily improving. Epiduo maybe wasn't suited to your skin, but from what you've said it sounds like you were seeing improvements from the Differin so I would advise going back to that. This breakout won't last forever and you do have a dermatology appointment coming up as well so there is still hope! Keep fighting. One day when you have beautifully clear and radiant skin you will look back on this period in your life and be really glad you did. :)

#44 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:14 AM

Yes I was feeling hopeful even Wednesday after my derm appointment because things seemed to be moving forward as I'm going to be seen by dermatologists at the hospital and maybe put on accutane, and my skin seemed to be improving but right now I feel hopeless.
God knows how long it'll take for my scab to fall and my skin to go back to normal.
Have you ever had one? How did you deal with it emotionally?
I feel the breakdown of my relationship adds to my feeling of despair because I love him so much and if it wasn't for my acne problem things would've turned out different. I can't live without him :(

#45 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Yes I was feeling hopeful even Wednesday after my derm appointment because things seemed to be moving forward as I'm going to be seen by dermatologists at the hospital and maybe put on accutane, and my skin seemed to be improving but right now I feel hopeless.
God knows how long it'll take for my scab to fall and my skin to go back to normal.
Have you ever had one? How did you deal with it emotionally?
I feel the breakdown of my relationship adds to my feeling of despair because I love him so much and if it wasn't for my acne problem things would've turned out different. I can't live without him sad.png

It's so difficult when something like this happens to disrupt the process of improvement but it really won't last forever and it is just a blip along the road to recovery. You name it, I've had it on my face. In my opinion a scab is infinitely better than an active cyst because they really hurt. However, in my experiences scabs don't tend to last too long and if you leave them well alone and don't pick at them or anything when they do drop off you usually have really nice healed skin underneath so at least that's something to be hopeful for. :) The relationship troubles must be so difficult to deal with, but as I've said before, if he's worth your time then he should love you with or without acne. Acne is such a confidence killer, but if you explained to him how it makes you feel you'll probably find he's much more understanding than you expect.

#46 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

Day 58
My skin is still quite bad, the redness on my cheek from the epiduo has subsided but I still have dry patches and flaky skin.
I also have small active spots on my cheek and chin and my scab is still healing since I picked at it a couple nights ago.
I missed work yesterday and had to have an emergency counselling appointment as I was feeling very low and hopeless.
My relationship is suffering very much too which brings more anxiety.
I'm taking it one day at a time, I feel that ultimately dianette isn't working for me but I will stick it out just in case.
I'm eating very little and feeling very exhausted from the depression and distress caused by my skin. I wish it could improve so much, this is my 9th week on it!!!

#47 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

Day 61
The Epiduo-induced eczema subsided nicely thankfully however I am still breaking out mainly on my chin/around my hairline :(
I returned the MAC prolongwear concealer as I'm pretty sure it was breaking me out...
I'm trying to stay positive as I'm convinced stress can cause breakouts. Had a fun week so far apart from Monday, I'm ok so long as I keep busy basically.
But I'm so fed up with the constant breakouts!!! :(

#48 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

Day 64
CLEAR :)
Only thing I did different was try to manage my stress levels. I ate what I wanted, went on a night out, wore foundation, didn't wash my face before bed two nights in a row and my skin looks great! So this could all be from stress?!? To be continued...

#49 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

Day 65
Completely clear for the past 3-4 days. Eczema has gone, my skin is soft and supple, feels great.
I've been eating loads of junk food, dairy, worn foundation and I've stopped using Differin and my skin isn't breaking out at all.
Please God make this continue!!!

#50 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Day 67
My skin is still holding up, looks and feels amazing.
I eat whatever I want, not using Differin, feeling happy, relaxed and confident.
I've managed to see friends I haven't seen in months this past week which is incredible.
I hope it just keeps improving, I just started my 4th pack, I've skipped the 7 day break as I broke out when I attempted to do it last month.

#51 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

*finally* received my appointment letter to see dermatologists at the hospital. December 19th :)
If my skin stays clear, I'm guessing they won't do much or want to prescribe me Accutane but I'm eager to stop birth control next year as I want a baby but don't want my acne back. I will ask for their advice! Excited!

#52 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

Day 70
My skin looks beautiful
Invested in a Dermablend concealer for my hyperpigmentation and scars yesterday

Edited by frenchie86, 24 November 2013 - 02:47 AM.

#53 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Day 72
Mild breakout on my chin but a total of 2 spots on my entire face. I think breakout was caused by using a sample of quite a thick and creamy skin treatment two nights in a row (now stopped).
I have noticed that when I breakout it goes away faster than before and doesn't look near as bad as before.
However still feeling this is a small setback as I had near perfect skin for a week but its ok I'm still feeling very hopeful.
I'm also noticing a definite reduction in sebum production/oiliness and my pores are much smaller than before starting Dianette :)

#54 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Day 74
My skin looks like shit again, I'm really losing patience. I get my hopes up each time I get clear but always break out again :(

#55 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Day 76
I'm on my 11th week of dianette and my skin has just been breaking out all week.
I've lost faith in this treatment working for me, however can't stop it now for fear of the oiliness coming back and acne coming back worse.
If I'm offered Accutane on Dec 19th I've decided to take it. I've been constantly depressed since June because of this problem, I'm emotionally drained. I don't think I can take much more

#56 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Day 80
My skin is pretty much clear. I love when it happens but it's rare and never lasts. Going to make the most of it, though.
I've pretty much given up on dianette clearing my acne long term but too scared to come off it in case my skin freaks out and gets super oily again.
Nearly 3 months since I started, my skin has improved however not drastically and I still have spots most days. My boobs are huge and I've put on a ton of weight.
My mood seems to have stabilised and I'm less teary/anxious than my first few weeks on it which were a living hell

#57 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Day 84
I had a few days of clear skin which was nice and meant I got to go christmas shopping with my boyfriend.
However since yesterday I've had a cyst grow on my chin which is absolutely huge, it looks like I have a second chin. It's red, inflamed and extremely painful.
It's gotten me down today but luckily my boyfriend is with me and being sweet and loving like he always is. He is very supportive, he has severe psoriasis so he knows what it's like to have a skin condition and to feel self conscious about it.
My dermatologist appointment is in ten days, I'm really looking forward to it.
I have two weeks of work left until my christmas break. I haven't really had time off since August so I'm really looking forward to having a break and some me time/spending loads of time with my boyfriend...

#58 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Day 88
My cyst has healed thanks to Flucloxicillin.
My skin isn't looking too bad except for little spots here and there but as usual I'm waiting for my next breakout.
My counsellor has written a letter for the dermatologist explaining how acne impacts me emotionally. One week until my appointment.
I have lots planned this weekend, looking forward to it.

#59 pinkchips

pinkchips

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hi
I've been reading your posts and I just wanted to add my dianette experience . I've been on and off it for 9 years now . I am nearly 3 months in restarting it after having a baby and I've had an initial breakout this time around which is finally subsiding . My skin was really bad the other times I started taking it so I probably wouldn't have noticed it getting a bit worse in the beginning tbh . I do remember that although after about 4 packs of dianette there was a huge improvement in my skin I did still get spots periodically the entire time I was on it . I would be clear for a few weeks then a couple of huge spots would come up and take ages to go then I'd be clear again for another few weeks etc !.
Personally I find diet doesn't make any odds to my skin as long as I'm drinking lots of water . The worst thing for me is sleeping in my make up - guaranteed to cause a breakout and not always the next day either so I didn't automatically make the connection at first .
I find taking zinc and b6 vitamins really help too btw .
My doctor prescribed me duac ( cream ) and I think it's really good but does take a few weeks to become effective .
When I came off dianette in the past I had really bad breakouts which forced me to start taking it again that worried me as I was always told not to take it long term ( although my doctor has changed his mind on that ) . When I was trying to get pregnant ( I obviously had to come off dianette !) I took a herb called agnus castus which I found was brilliant , it is meant to increase fertility as well as help with acne and it did both . My skin was better on that than dianette and I got no post dianette breakout either which was amazing . I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to come off the pill to conceive. It can't be taken at the same time as the pill though and personally I don't want to risk taking something that increases fertility whilst not on the pill just in case !!!.
I guess my main point is that you might find that dianette doesn't stop you getting spots altogether and that you may well breakout again after being clear for a while . I know how badly it can affect your mood and all I can say is make the most of the times when you feel confident about your skin :)
As I've decided it's safer to be on the pill i think dianette will always be the best choice while I have acne prone skin .
Good luck :)

#60 frenchie86

frenchie86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for your message it was helpful and interesting!
I find Dianette has definitely improved my skin even though I still breakout.
I'd like a baby but I'm scared to come off dianette. But my boyfriend is nowhere near ready for a baby so I guess this gives me a bit of time to figure this out.
I have my dermatologist appointment on Thursday, unsure what they'll say and advise me but I'm looking forward to it. I'll write about it on here.
All the best x

Edited by frenchie86, 17 December 2013 - 06:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users