Photo

Question For The Girls About The Regimen And Makeup

makeup regimen night girls

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 AmyyRose

AmyyRose

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

I have a question! I have been avoiding makeup pretty much entirely..and i'm not too worried about wearing makeup during the day because I know come evening/night time time I take it off and wash my face with a cleanser to take it all off for a fresh face for night time to let all the BP sink in.

So what my question is, what do I do if I want to wear makeup at night time around the time I am going to be doing my night time regimen? I usually do my night time routine at 5-6pm and I'm freaking out about it all.

Do I just wait until I come home to do my regimen from the start once I take off my makeup? 

arrrgh i'm so confused! I hope this question makes sense so somebody can help mee! :/

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

I was the same as you, tried to avoid wearing foundation during the day while following the regimen, but if I went out during the evening I used to wear makeup and I just waited till I came home to wash it off and apply my night time regimen application.

It didn't seem to affect the regimen at all, and I used to even cleanse my face and moisturise before applying my makeup in the evening.  So effectively I would be washing my face 3 times that day.

I say go for it! :)

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#3 AmyyRose

AmyyRose

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I was the same as you, tried to avoid wearing foundation during the day while following the regimen, but if I went out during the evening I used to wear makeup and I just waited till I came home to wash it off and apply my night time regimen application.

It didn't seem to affect the regimen at all, and I used to even cleanse my face and moisturise before applying my makeup in the evening.  So effectively I would be washing my face 3 times that day.

I say go for it! smile.png

Thank you! I had a feeling the answer was going to be to just wait until I came home hehe I just had to make sure it wouldn't stuff up my regimen and everything :) 
The other night I went to this fancy restaurant and i was the only one without makeup on because I was too scared hahaha I didn't know what to do! 

hehe thanks for the help and tips :)

#4 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ideally you don't want to be adding in extra washings often but every now and then it shouldn't be a problem. Just don't make it a habit to be washing your face 3 times per day as it may be overly irritating. Dan really recommends only washing twice per day.

While we are on the subject of makeup, I'll give you our makeup tips.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#cosmetics

and http://www.acne.org/...up-if-you-must/

and http://www.acne.org/makeup.html

We're all in this together.

#5 AmyyRose

AmyyRose

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Ideally you don't want to be adding in extra washings often but every now and then it shouldn't be a problem. Just don't make it a habit to be washing your face 3 times per day as it may be overly irritating. Dan really recommends only washing twice per day.

While we are on the subject of makeup, I'll give you our makeup tips.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#cosmetics

and http://www.acne.org/...up-if-you-must/

and http://www.acne.org/makeup.html

Okay thanks! I will keep that in mind :) Yeah the washing only twice a day is a really good tip from Dan, I used to wash my face like 4-5 times a day (before starting the regimen) as often as I remembered, now I know why my skin was probably really bad :/ hahah

#6 katherinexf93

katherinexf93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

My skin looks so dry out if i wear foundations:( is that happen to you guys too? 

#7 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

My skin looks so dry out if i wear foundations:( is that happen to you guys too? 

In the early months, I used to mix my foundation with a few drops of jojoba oil (or half a pump of dan's moisturiser) and apply it using a stipple brush. It used to look really greasy on my face at first but would all soak in ok by 30 mins.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#8 dynamix

dynamix

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Girls, and what do you use to remove your foundation?

#9 AmyyRose

AmyyRose

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Girls, and what do you use to remove your foundation?

I use Neutrogena make-up Remover Towlette's

http://www.acne.org/...es-reviews-911/

- I have very sensitive skin and it goes red and irritated very easily if I use harsh removers on it, And this is by far the best I have used! They do not dry the skin out at all either. They are also real cheap :)