3 replies to this topic

#1 carebear06

carebear06

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hey!
So im in my 11th week & ive been using Dan's moisturizer. But i find it makes me look darker & doesnt take my flakes away completely ( i do use aha ). I wana change to either cetaphil or cereve .. Which is the better one? How did it work for u?

Edited by carebear06, 16 September 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Before the regimen - http://www.acne.org/...re-the-regimen/

AM
- CLEANSER: Acne.org
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 1/2 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Olay complete with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

PM
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for EXTRAordinary destiny" -C.S Lewis

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

doesnt take my fakes away

I can't lie, your typo cracked me up.

I think the answer to your question will be entirely personal.  Many people like cerave and many people find that their skin reacts badly to it.  (personally cerave gave me that burning sensation the most out of any of the moisturisers i tried and it caused me to have a pretty bad breakout 3 days after using it).  Cetaphil I found to be good for moisturising (made my skin soft and fake  flake free) but it didn't get me completely clear when I used it...always caused a few under-skin bumps.  Dan's moisturiser was the best for helping me to get clear, but it wasn't as good as cetaphil for its moisturising qualities. 

Its personal, so give either cerave or cetaphil a go because only you can decide what suits your skin the best.

Good luck! :)

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#3 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Totally agree with AyeAye. Not everything works the same for different people.

I use both because they suit my different needs during the AM and PM. Cerave is definitely more lightweight but Cetaphil gives me that very moisturized feeling when I wake up in the morning. Get small bottles of each to find out which one suits you best.

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#4 carebear06

carebear06

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

I use both because they suit my different needs during the AM and PM. Cerave is definitely more lightweight but Cetaphil gives me that very moisturized feeling when I wake up in the morning. Get small bottles of each to find out which one suits you best.

doesnt take my fakes away

I can't lie, your typo cracked me up.

I think the answer to your question will be entirely personal.  Many people like cerave and many people find that their skin reacts badly to it.  (personally cerave gave me that burning sensation the most out of any of the moisturisers i tried and it caused me to have a pretty bad breakout 3 days after using it).  Cetaphil I found to be good for moisturising (made my skin soft and fake  flake free) but it didn't get me completely clear when I used it...always caused a few under-skin bumps.  Dan's moisturiser was the best for helping me to get clear, but it wasn't as good as cetaphil for its moisturising qualities. 

Its personal, so give either cerave or cetaphil a go because only you can decide what suits your skin the best.

Good luck! smile.png

Lol i soo totally didnt see my mistake AyeAye lol ... lol

Hmm ..i"ll buy a small bottle of each as nicmic suggested ..see how it works ..

thanks guys ...keep u posted :)

Before the regimen - http://www.acne.org/...re-the-regimen/

AM
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Olay complete with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

PM
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for EXTRAordinary destiny" -C.S Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users