Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upper Arm Acne

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i have back acne and upper arm but upper arm bothers me more. its the skin itself that looks bad, theres not much pimples, just a lot of very small dots and redness and blemishes. You cant even pop anything because theres no bulky pimples, just marks/blemishes and very small pimples. What could i use to wash because i think a good cleanse would help? Bear in mind, i can take anything you suggest so dont account irritation or dryness in suggestions, just what works best, because i have naturally oily skin. thanks a lot guys :)

What you are talking about isn't actually acne, it is Keratosis Pilaris. No one knows exactly why it happens but for me I have found it reflects the amount of inflammation going on with my skin. If I eat foods I am intolerant to it gets much worse. You can use something with salicylic acid in it which will help slough off the dead skin or manually exfoliate. Consuming healthy oils in my diet also seems to help me.

Love and accept yourself for exactly who you are right now.

25, female, moderate acne since age 12.

Accutane at least 6 times.
Intolerances: corn & wheat & alcohol.

100% clear, if I follow the diet.

"the absence of flaw within beauty, is itself a flaw."

I just researched it and it looks similar to mine! Thanks for pointing that out :) I had no idea. I guess you have it too as well? What products do you recommend that would help most?

I think the best thing to do is not to touch it during the day. So only wash it gently once per day during shower/bath

"Happiness is only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless

I think the best thing to do is not to touch it during the day. So only wash it gently once per day during shower/bath

Yeah mate i have been doing that for months but no improvement sad.png I guess it is time to try another solution. But no clue where to go..

"Happiness is only real when shared" - Christopher McCandless

There's some credible evidence that coconut oil is effective against Keratosis Pilaris (aka chicken skin, where small skin bumps rise exclusively from hair follicles), a condition that affects 40% of the world, which apparently is the reason why so many people swear by coconut oil. Keep a close eye on on it though, because coconut oil is a prime food source for malassezia yeasts, a seb derm condition that also creates red bumps, but they aren't centered on a hair follicle. If, after using coconut oil for week, you have more red bumps instead of fewer, then switch to Lotrimin Ultra (not Lotrimin AF) and again keep a close eye on it.

Yeah mate i have been doing that for months but no improvement :( I guess it is time to try another solution. But no clue where to go..
1 person likes this

Hi guys, i have back acne and upper arm but upper arm bothers me more. its the skin itself that looks bad, theres not much pimples, just a lot of very small dots and redness and blemishes. You cant even pop anything because theres no bulky pimples, just marks/blemishes and very small pimples. What could i use to wash because i think a good cleanse would help? Bear in mind, i can take anything you suggest so dont account irritation or dryness in suggestions, just what works best, because i have naturally oily skin. thanks a lot guys smile.png

My friend has keratosis pilaris on her upper arms and she does glycolic peels that help her keep it under control.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

My mum has this and coconut oil applied to the area once a day has worked wonders for it.

Currently clear of acne with the occasional hormonal breakout. Check out my routines and progress updates here:
http://www.acne.org/...g-and-duac-gel/

Treat yourself as you treat others.