notacnefree

Scars On Forehead And Nose, Orange Peel

36 posts in this topic

Did you get rid of your orange peel skin texture?  Are there any improvements? The same thing happened to me after taking Accutane and I'm searching for solutions.

hey I still have it, I think it's like the skin ist permanent damaged on the nose. Very, very thin skin. On my foread I used dermaroller and it got better, but it's not completly gone. I really believe if something helps than it's microneedling, but I went to an doctor in cologne, who said they do medical needling, but it was just 0,5, which is not deep enough I think to help. I just went there because they have the pen, I think its better than the roller.

1 person likes this

On 18.08.2016 at 11:31 AM, notacnefree said:

hey I still have it, I think it's like the skin ist permanent damaged on the nose. Very, very thin skin. On my foread I used dermaroller and it got better, but it's not completly gone. I really believe if something helps than it's microneedling, but I went to an doctor in cologne, who said they do medical needling, but it was just 0,5, which is not deep enough I think to help. I just went there because they have the pen, I think its better than the roller.

I would be grateful if you could post any photos. I'm glad you've improved (even if only a little bit).  It's a good sign that things are improving, really. Edited by dontcrybaby

Hey, did you always have the orange peel texture? 
I'm freaking out right now because I got it all over my face in a matter of days after using a retin a twice and lightly exfoliating. 
It been almost 4 weeks and no improvement. 
I also have a scar on my nose, and it's in the dip and seems to grow as dip pools there. 
Thats part of the reason I did the tazorac in the first place but now my entire skin texture has changed and it's making me ill.
i used to have poreless porcelain skin with with scar on my nose.
now I've got wrecked orange peel skin with a reddish yellow tinge and a nose scar /tissue that's spreading/getting worse. 

Edited by BrokenPorEcelain

Also I disagree with those who have commented that your skin isn't bad, or is even great. 
That is hair raising to me. 

Just out of pure honesty and knowing that I have the same texture going on right now, and I am unbelievably devastated by it. 
No way would  I be happy with your skin or my skin in its current state. 
It also makes scars or any other slight imperfection look 2000 times worse. 
I don't think you would feel nearly as bad about the scars if it weren't for the texture.
You have every right to be concerned. 
People here seem to only focus on and validate the absolute worst cases..and by worst I mean nearly inhumanly bad, with craters and live boils, etc.  

In fact Ive seen people on here who have deep scars all over their face being told their skin is beautiful, sexy, etc. 
I think comments like that can make a person feel like they are crazy. 
I don't know if it's just purposeful lack of honesty that causes it or inability to properly assess other people's skin because a lot of people here are dealing with their own specific issues. 
Im sure everyone with your exact issue recognizes it immediately and feels your pain.
Unfortunately I think dermatologists and other skin professionals may not be much better as they see the worst of the worst everyday or what THEY believe is the worst..so they begin to see  "less worse " as normal, but that's not fair because it's not OUR normal. 

How long has your skin been like this by the way? 
Did you ever have smooth skin texture? 
Has your whole face been treated with things like laser? 
Have you had any other symptoms?

For me my skin went from near perfect to near making me want to jump off a cliff..and that's only from two uses of a retinoid and light exfoliation..so can't imagine what more would do.  

This is is a nightmare for sure.

I dont have this weird skin on my cheeks. Its more like on my forehead. Like thousand dots and lines. I wish it would be just a layer of dead skin and I could remove that. But its not that easy. I think its permanent damage from my acne past. But I dont know why the scarring is superficial. 

Yes, I think doctors and stuff just like to treat people with deeper scars and if you "just" have a weird texture they say thats not bad. If I compare to myself to all the other young people than my skin is much worse. 

On 10/20/2016 at 7:09 AM, BrokenPorEcelain said:

Also I disagree with those who have commented that your skin isn't bad, or is even great. 
That is hair raising to me. 

Just out of pure honesty and knowing that I have the same texture going on right now, and I am unbelievably devastated by it. 
No way would  I be happy with your skin or my skin in its current state. 
It also makes scars or any other slight imperfection look 2000 times worse. 
I don't think you would feel nearly as bad about the scars if it weren't for the texture.
You have every right to be concerned. 
People here seem to only focus on and validate the absolute worst cases..and by worst I mean nearly inhumanly bad, with craters and live boils, etc.  

In fact Ive seen people on here who have deep scars all over their face being told their skin is beautiful, sexy, etc. 
I think comments like that can make a person feel like they are crazy. 
I don't know if it's just purposeful lack of honesty that causes it or inability to properly assess other people's skin because a lot of people here are dealing with their own specific issues. 
Im sure everyone with your exact issue recognizes it immediately and feels your pain.
Unfortunately I think dermatologists and other skin professionals may not be much better as they see the worst of the worst everyday or what THEY believe is the worst..so they begin to see  "less worse " as normal, but that's not fair because it's not OUR normal. 

How long has your skin been like this by the way? 
Did you ever have smooth skin texture? 
Has your whole face been treated with things like laser? 
Have you had any other symptoms?

For me my skin went from near perfect to near making me want to jump off a cliff..and that's only from two uses of a retinoid and light exfoliation..so can't imagine what more would do.  

This is is a nightmare for sure.

Porecelin...I haven't seen your skin, but if having skin like his is worthy of jumping off a cliff then we are all in trouble...I would hate to see how some of the people on this board would react to devestating life problems...
I HONESTLY think his skin is fine. Notacnefree...if you're really bothered by it continue needling or try chemical peels for the texture. But remember there are risks. GL
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Yola4 said:

Porecelin...I haven't seen your skin, but if having skin like his is worthy of jumping off a cliff then we are all in trouble...I would hate to see how some of the people on this board would react to devestating life problems...
I HONESTLY think his skin is fine. Notacnefree...if you're really bothered by it continue needling or try chemical peels for the texture. But remember there are risks. GL

I respectfully disagree.
I've dealt with plenty of issues in my life that most people would deem far more devastating, but I have dealt with those just fine.
Everyone's got their poison, their weakness. 

For me, my skin is very important, I did a lot to care for and protect it to have it undone over night, it was the aspect of my appearance that I liked the most...
so my opinion may stray from other's. But I don't believe I'm being unreasonable in my assessment..within the range of his issues. Others having it worse does not mean he has it good or even "fine". 
 But everyone has a different definition of "fine" and "bad"..so..I think we have to lean toward the individual's perspective regarding their own ordeal. 

When I DO see anyone on here that I knee-jerkingly scoff at for "complaining" or going over board over a minor and often temporary issue, I just decline to comment...but I see the texture and scars here...and the obvious longevity and the suspected permanence alone, can make any issue Rise in severity.

When I say I want to jump off a cliff, I don't expect anyone to follow me down there.  I'm just stating how this situation makes ME feel. And OP has already stated his own troubles with this issue. I'm not meaning him any harm or insult. 

I don't know what your skin looks like either but I doubt you'd be pleased with what he or I have going on if your avatar is even remotely indicative of what your skin truly resembles.
(I know Pictures don't always show the imperfections as being as evident as they are in person.) 

No offense is intended by this reply either..I just feel strongly about this specific dilemma.

2 hours ago, notacnefree said:

I dont have this weird skin on my cheeks. Its more like on my forehead. Like thousand dots and lines. I wish it would be just a layer of dead skin and I could remove that. But its not that easy. I think its permanent damage from my acne past. But I dont know why the scarring is superficial. 

Yes, I think doctors and stuff just like to treat people with deeper scars and if you "just" have a weird texture they say thats not bad. If I compare to myself to all the other young people than my skin is much worse. 

Mine is everywhere right now but forehead is definitely the worst. 
Im so sorry you are still dealing with this.

Me too, I thought for sure it would just be a layer that would peel off (I still feel like there is something foreign/numb on my face )...my last derm  even told me I would peel, and I got excited that maybe, who knows, perhaps the skin underneath would turn out even better than before this happened...but none of that ever came to fruition. :/

are you you sure it's acne scarring? 
Did you have acne on literally every part of your forehead or something? 

I've seen many others with this same (or eerily similar) issue including myself and most of them never even had acne on their forehead or the areas where it occurred.

May I ask what the longest period of time you gave your skin a break was? 
(As in nothing but mild cleanser and water, maybe some moisturizer.) 

i think  there are two members of the forum on IPL and laser support forum who SUPPOSEDLY healed after doing little to nothing but it took like 15 months.
(their names are electricboom and chase315 I believe). 

I have tried to contact them both 
but have not heard back yet...everyone else who contacted me only had news of perpetual damage or were just trying to "live with it". 
(So i still have no definitive proof of this going away at the moment. No pics or words from the horse's mouth)

And some are still in the beggining stages like me.
Its nice to have support but I wish some of that support had a happy ending to share with the rest of us. 

I also wish professionals actually knew precisely what this even is.
seems to me like most people are just theorizing about what's happening to them.
I'd like to have answers that check out.
im sure you would too

I know that my forehead was the only place I had acne before. And there were a lot, but why are there lines and stuff. I can't explain why there are those mini dots. Some people got this look after a terrible laser experience Ive never heard that. But I put on thousands of creams from the derma maybe they caused the problem?

I did some dermaroller treatments and they worked a little but I think it's risky too. Even got new scars from it and I thought that dermapen is better and I did something a few days ago and now I see a new line on my froehead dont know if was there before but now it catches  my eye and i definetly got some small line from it too, which was definetly from the dermapen.

My life is like a roller coaster right now. Sometimes I think I need to accept this crap maybe it will fade alone. The funny thing is some small scars disappeared when I didn't have thought about it. Maybe thats the key. But right now I think theres nothing to fix anymore.

Some other crap happened last year to me. One Idiot scratched my face and I even have a line on my cheek. And my cheeks are the only place where i had almost zero scarring. Sometimes I feel ok but then I see special light in my face and I can cry.

All this skin shit is getting on my neves. Because I have a horrible Face too and I think when my skin looks better, I'm more like normal looking.
In December I wanted to get my nose done but dont know if thats something that would make me look better cause i Still look like an orange with that weird texture

weird.jpg