forehead nose

21 replies to this topic

#1 notacnefree

notacnefree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

It was very hard for me to upload those pictures. I have this one scar on my forehead. There was just a tiny thing which I got removed and then picked on it. Now there'S a hole. Second problem: I got a red zit a few years ago on my nose but the doc didn't laser it, he cut it OUT! And there is a huge scar right now. I got it lasered with a fractional laser, now you can see that the skin on my nose looks weird. Not just the scar. The skin on top of nose is shiny and dry. Very weird. Is there any thing I can do to get it normal again, I don't think so. It's not as visible for others but sometimes I want to die because of it. And that thing on my forehead.

The story behind it is that I had horrible acne when I was young. And it went away. I felt good. But then i had 1 mm red thing on my nose and got it removed theres a scar. And I was so stupid to do it again on my forehead but with a laser and I picked on it, which caused that hole. I have tiny scars from my acne years ago. But I hope these things will fade like that too. I know it can't go completetly but if it was shallower i would be thankful! I know that I have a ugly face. And on my cheek you can see two red marks. But it think that this will go away with dermapen or something. I cant get perfect skin but I want to look into the mirror without crying. If these fresh scars would turn into like my others that are not visible for others I would be happy

Attached Thumbnails

• Image2.jpg
  • Image4.jpg
  • Image6.jpg
  • Image8.jpg
  • Image10.jpg
  • Image12.jpg

#2 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

i think you have great skin and look really good! i dont see anything from the pics. your skin looks normal to me. 

#3 LuvPink

LuvPink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

Personally i dont think your scars look all that bad but i completely understand how it is to be bothered by them.

I have two scars on my forehead and nose too. I have tried almost everything and spent over thousands to fix it with no real success.

For the scar on your forehead, u might have success using Dermaflage. It's a silicone product that fills it in temporary. Google it and watch their videos.

The nose area is very tricky to use something like this.

#4 whattobehandsome30

whattobehandsome30

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Video gaming , drawing , Listening to music , Watching Mixed Martial Arts , Being with friends and loved ones.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

That's bullshit you saying you have an ugly face .... you're in fact handsome ! .... don't get discouraged because of scars that most people wouldn't see , if you told people most would think you're seeing things .... i have icepick , indented marks all over my face ... even a cut on my lip ... can we trade faces ? lol

#5 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Seriously this board.... 

#6 notacnefree

notacnefree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

I know that here you can find people with more dramatic scars and stuff but I have to say that this "little" problem is an horrible thing for me.

I was going through some horrible teenage years and everything said mean things then everything went okay and I was so stupid to get work done. Just because I don't wanted to be called names like that again. And maybe I was to hard to myself and this is the karma. I can say that I've always been very insecure about my face and people often tell me why do you try to avoid eye contact. It's not possible for me to look people in the face.

When I talk to my family about my past they just say why haven'T you been talking about it back then. But i was to shy to say it. And back then I didn't give a fuck about scars (!) and my acne went away. Don't know why. Maybe the key is to just give a fuck. How ever I went through dermastamp treatment a few weeks ago and I will post a pic. I would really like to hear from you if it has improved or now. Sometimes it's just hard to tell because the light is different. That's such a horrible thing for me too. In daylight or in very bright light I look "okay". But when it's darker you can see that scar even more. Cause it seems a little red and you can exactly see where the stitches have been. I could cry right now. Why is it always me, as if the teasing wasn't enough...

my family says its not that bad but I mean who wouldn't say that. They say care more about other stuff. But for them it's easy to say. Cause they dont have to wear THAT ugly face all the day. I mean I could deal with this scars if my face would be "okay" but theres nothing I like anymore.

I know some of you think I'm going crazy and need help. But at the end of the day. Every person who has scars doesn'T like them and is trying to get rid of them.

When you see my forehead and my cheeks you can totally see that the acne was on my forehead. The skin looks like an orange there. But that has never been a problem for me. I would prefer having this texture everywhere than having this horrormovie scar on my nose.

And when I see people looking at me I always look to the other side. Cause I'm afraid to show them my face. I don't know why people watch me maybe because they can feel better about themselves when they see my ugly face or stuff.

#7 Robertitoo

Robertitoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Just exfoliate it or consider getting some chemical peels.

#8 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

I don't mean this in a condescending way, but I really believe there is more going on here than acne scars, which are clearly mild and almost non existent to an outside observer.  It really seems like you have some deep seated self-esteem issues that are not in line with the your very mild degree of scarring.  That or you are seeking validation, in which case your skin is great.  

Edited by blahblah82, 02 February 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#9 DB12

DB12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

wow , that's crazy. Me and you have the most similar scar and situation.

#10 notacnefree

notacnefree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:52 AM

I think thats the reason why I'm always on this board to find out that someone is in a similar situation. Which treatments did you have? And have you had any sucess?

#11 janey44

janey44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

I also had fraxel and have orangepeel texture on my nose. Mine appears to be worse. You're not ugly but I sympathize with your plight. I still haven't found a solution but I'm looking. Only set backs so far. My life is becoming unbareable.

I'd like to see after pics of the procedure you tried.

#12 notacnefree

notacnefree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

I can tell you that the texture thing hasn'T improved for some reason.The scar itself has gone a little bit down. But I had a time where i focused on the shiny nose skin. Sometimes when I swet it isn't that visible but if my skin is very dry you can see the orange peel texture. Which others people don't even notice. Maybe I try dermaroller for this and if it works, I will tell you. When I was young I had bad acne and a way more horrible texture on my forehead than right now. I know its not perfect but I can live with the improvement which I had naturally. I just hope our new orange peel texture will fade away too. I know how you feel and it's even worse that you have it a lot more than me. But please don't try everything against it. Sometimes I feel like we need some more time to get over it. Maybe years. But it will get better. Cause back then I thought my skin would never ever become a little bit better, but it did. Don'T know if I should try dermaroller for the texture thing?

Funny thing yesterday a friend who i know just from the nightlife said to me: you have such good skin and I was like is she joking. And I always thought HER skin is perfect when I told her about my facial scars she showed my a scar near her eye. And I would never notice such a thing. Maybe I'm really the only one who is that focused on skin.

But for some reason I believe her and it gave me a little confidence boost. And when i see that others have such things too I'm more relaxed. But how will i know if my scars are not visible for others? When someone sees my I avoid eye contact and stuff...  I FEEL UGLY. I think i will have that feeling all my life. I will post some pictures soon.

#13 notacnefree

notacnefree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:45 AM

Image1
Album: Nose Scar Treatment
6 images
0 comments

Here are a few new pictures. I will do some with my video camera too cause I think there you can see the scar more. When I do pictures in daylight it looks like there is NOTHING. But I can tell you guys that you can see it even more in real life. But still in bad light I see some improvement.

#14 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

i still cant really see anything in the pictures. i am not saying that there isnt any scarring there just that i cant see it. i have scars on my chin like that - for some reason they dont show up in pictures but its plain as day if you see me in person. i have like a raised line of scarring on my chin. the best thing to do is to try and take some pics near a window but even then i dont know if it would show up. when did you have the laser done? i have been having my chin treated with the old school co2 laser and for the first few months the skin looked shiny and kind of waxy there but then it went away. if you arent happy you should go back to the doctor that did the laser and tell him how you feel and see what he can do for you. 

Edited by tracy521, 21 February 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#15 notacnefree

notacnefree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

The laser treatment was a year ago. I still have some shiny skin there... When i had co2 laser years ago it was red for a year and I thought the redness wouldnt fade but perhabs it was gone. So I hope the same thing will happen with that shiny nose.

I try to avoid eye contact and I dont look to much into the mirror. Sometimes I feel a lot better when I dont watch myself. But when I see my face i often start to cry. I know its not a huge deal but since my childhood I know how superficial and stupid people are. I would rather have people with acne around me cause they have similar problems and in my life I just see people with flawless skin. No wonder Im desperate all the time.

I dont know if you see a difference in the pics but I do see it in real life and I just think what bothers me the most is one of the lines from the scar. It looks like CUT. If it wouldn't look so much like a surgery scar than I would think different. But sometimes I think I look like one of those horror movies characters. And I know a lot of you will call me crazy for writing this but this is how I feel. And sometimes I think the acne was better than this fucking scar.

#16 notacnefree

notacnefree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

Image1

I think this is the light where it's visible and thats exactly how I see it.

#17 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

ok i can see it now from that pic. i would probably go talk to a few docs and get either the co2 (100% ablative one) or dermbrasian for that. i think if the higher parts are leveled out it will help blend it in more. a fractional laser wont do it the trick for that as far as i know. sometimes they even combine both co2 and dermbrasian or dermasanding together at the same time. they do the co2 to get down to the correct layer and then do the dermasanding or dermabrasian to blend it all in. i have heard that it is possible to feather the co2 laser with a lower setting but i dont think most docs even attempt to do that. i wonder if they could use another laser like an erbium yag or something to feather it out to blend it.

i had a lamprobe treatment on some raised scarring about 18 months or so ago now and i think what it did is break the longer raised scar up into 3 separate raised scars so the co2 is leveling it out some but it takes time and multiple visits. i go back on the 9th for the 3rd treatment and hopefully its a lot flatter then. my chin kind of looks like your nose so i can see why it bothers you but just know that as bad as you think it is its not nearly as bad to anybody else. its funny i never have noticed scars on anybody else until i got scars myself. i worked with a guy for 4 years before i even noticed that he had a big scar indented scar near his chin but you know what it doesnt lessen his appearance at all. i think the scarring is more acceptable on men because my hubby has scarring too and he still looks great.

good luck to whatever you decide and after i get my next laser i will upload pics to this site.

Edited by tracy521, 25 February 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#18 notacnefree

notacnefree

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

I know it looks better than a few years ago cause a dermatologist was using kyrotherapy on the edges of the scar. It has flattened out a lot. If I stretch the scar you can still see some higher parts. Maybe I should do kyro on it again? But that won't help the redness in the lines. Its very strange that it looks so different in every light. But I heard of some thing called pulse dye laser dont know if that would work for the redness or the purple color? What I can tell you is that kyro and dermastamp have gave me the best results and I am afraid of lasers a little bit. Cause one gave me another scar and a strange texture. When I had my first laser treatment I was so happy because of the swelling and the white color but in a few days it looked exactly the same. Don't know if theres a special thing for scarcolor to fade.

#19 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

if you just want to just get rid of the redness for now you can get IPL that should do it. you could try v-beam as well but if you dont want to do laser then i wouldnt bother with that. at least the ipl is not laser so you would be good there provided you are the right skin type.

Edited by tracy521, 25 February 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#20 janey44

janey44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

Hey,
I think things are getting a bit worse, not better as far as my texture goes. I've heard not to derma roll your nose, the skin is different and any treatments can result in orange peel or worse scarring. I'm thinking of going to see someone and try a small area anyway. I also have other scars I'd like to try it on. My main concern with my nose is the enlarged pores which got worse after Fraxel. This plus the texture just creates a horrible lumpy deformed looking skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users