Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whoartthou1

Zinc Test

4 posts in this topic

So I recently had a zinc blood test performed to see what my zinc levels are (Kaiser permanente performed it)

These are the results:

Component Standard Range Your Value ZINC 50 - 110 mcg/dL

I know it is between the standard range, but is this enough zinc or do I need more?

you are on the lower end of the recommended range, so maybe. Unfortunately, the normal range is too broad and there's no accurate way of saying what is the right amount for your body. But a 64 is definitely not that low, not low enough to indicate that zinc deficiency is your main issue. What did your doctor say?

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

Are you taking enough vitamin C to help with the scarring? Since you are not that low on zinc, I don't think that's the main reason for your scarring but of course I'm not a doctor (not that most doctors know this stuff anw, like you said). Loss of collagen and genetics can play a part in how your skin heals after acne. So basically if you give your body the tools to facilitate healing (like adequate zinc and vitamin C), you may notice an improvement esp. on fresh scars. I'm trying out red light treatments and high frequency to help with elasticity and collagen formation.

Btw, vitamin D deficiency can also play a role in skin texture. Have you been tested for that?

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**