3 replies to this topic

#1 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

So I recently had a zinc blood test performed to see what my zinc levels are (Kaiser permanente performed it)

These are the results:

Component Standard Range Your Value ZINC 50 - 110 mcg/dL

I know it is between the standard range, but is this enough zinc or do I need more?

#2 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

you are on the lower end of the recommended range, so maybe. Unfortunately, the normal range is too broad and there's no accurate way of saying what is the right amount for your body. But a 64 is definitely not that low, not low enough to indicate that zinc deficiency is your main issue. What did your doctor say?

Edited by WishClean, 15 September 2013 - 12:36 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#3 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

So zinc deficiency can't be the reason for my scarring?

What did my doctor say? Hes fucking clueless like most doctors

#4 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Are you taking enough vitamin C to help with the scarring? Since you are not that low on zinc, I don't think that's the main reason for your scarring but of course I'm not a doctor (not that most doctors know this stuff anw, like you said). Loss of collagen and genetics can play a part in how your skin heals after acne. So basically if you give your body the tools to facilitate healing (like adequate zinc and vitamin C), you may notice an improvement esp. on fresh scars. I'm trying out red light treatments and high frequency to help with elasticity and collagen formation. 

Btw, vitamin D deficiency can also play a role in skin texture. Have you been tested for that?

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users