Jump to content


Weird Bumps Under Skin?

combination skin sensitive skin congested

2 replies to this topic

#1 brae


    New Member

  • Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 1
    Likes: 0
About Me
  • Joined: 11-September 13

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

Hey guys, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out,

for about 3 years now I've had these weird bumps under my skin, it is rare that I will ever get a pimple that comes to a head, if I have a pimple it will only appear if I've been picking at my skin, touching it too much or wearing heavy or cheap makeup. These pimples will only turn red and have a soft bump underneath the skin and if I do try to squeeze it only a small amount of pus would come out (gross I know)

Anyways, my face for the past 2 years has these tiny little white bumps underneath the surface, mainly around my mouth, small hard bumps around my nose sometimes, some on my cheeks but then on my forehead I do have many that sometimes spread into my hair line and eyebrows. I have had a few milia around my eyes from heavy eye products too. I'm still in my teens and have sensitive skin after a bad reaction to Epiduo, the only thing that has somewhat cleared my acne is antibiotics. I suffer from blackheads on my shoulders and upper back as well as hard bumps on my lower back/buttocks. I have a healthy diet and eliminate dairy as much as I can

If anybody has any suggestions for products to try that may help or has any idea what's going on with my skin PLEASE REPLY!

Edited by brae, 13 September 2013 - 02:22 AM.

#2 biggs881


    Veteran Member

  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 1,489
    Likes: 64
About Me
  • Gender:Male
  • Joined: 11-February 11

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Welcome to the forum brae


I've moved your thread to the General acne discussion sub-forum, where you should receive more replies to your query.

#3 melmel87



  • Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Posts: 537
    Gallery Images: 6
    Blog Entries: 7
    Likes: 105
About Me
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Michigan
  • Joined: 11-July 09



Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

They are technically called closed comedones, just a type of acne where the pore opening is being blocked. You should see a dermatologist because a retin-a works well at helping clear these up. But there's lots of things you could try with diet, topicals, supplements. Some people have success with a vitamin D supplement too.  

Edited by melmel87, 11 September 2013 - 05:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users