123 replies to this topic

#121 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

HI everyone! I'd like to post about how my acne battle is going.

I've not used the thyme tincture for about 2 weeks now besides as a spot treatment. I was getting a severely dry face to the point where I was itching intensely at night and actually making my existing spots worse. I think it was a combination of visiting a dry climate (Western U.S.) and the alcohol in the tincture.

I think what I really liked about the tincture was that it calmed my red marks a lot and sped up my healing time. But I've since found a much better way to combat my red marks. I've been using the Olay Pro-X spinning brush 2x a day and using Paula's Choice 5% AHA every night and it's really improving the look of my red marks. I've also cut down on the amount that I pick my face (I believe I have a form of dermatillomania where I can't "just stop" picking my face....). My red marks are the worst part of my acne because they make me look like I have a ton more active spots than I actually do. I'm using Cetaphil's antibacterial bar soap with the spinning brush and Cetaphil's Restoraderm moisturizer for eczema. I bought the moisturizer because of how itchy my face was, but now that my face isn't itchy I still like it as a daily/nightly moisturizer.

I do want to say that I got an under-the-skin pimple (more of a nodule than a cyst) beside my nose about 2 1/2 weeks ago and instead of popping it--which is what I wanted to do-- I soaked it with my tincture and then put some AHA on it for two nights in a row. It was gone-- no red mark--- in two days. Kinda awesome. I'm thinking about getting some 100% witch hazel and using it as a calming toner.

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to use the tincture as long as I intended. This post was long, but I figured I might as well let you guys know what's been working for me. The biggest thing is NOT picking my face. For any ladies reading, I think that Beyaz has helped me in terms of cystic, jawline and chin acne. I haven't had a real cyst in two months (OMG--that's amazing for me...) and I'm on my third pack of the birth control. I'm going to basic training in February and I'd like my skin to not be a disaster area so that I can feel okay without makeup on during those 2 months. It looks as though I may actually reach that goal. I will post pictures when I get there! biggrin.png Let me know if you have any questions!

It's great that the Beyaz is working for you!

For a non-alcohol witch hazel toner I'd like to recommend Thayer's brand. I think it is really great, and they contain aloe vera which is good. The rose one smells fantastic. I think they do a lavender one too which would be nice for nighttime.

I'm pretty sure I already asked you this before in another thread, but I forget what you said and I wanted to be completely sure. Which version of the Paula's Choice AHA are you using? Is it the Resist line one? Is it gel or liquid? I'm thinking I may get it when I get my next pay cheque. tongue.png

Hey syllacrostics,

yes, I'm using the 5% Daily AHA from the Resist line every night before bedtime. Two pumps for my whole face. It's kind of a lotion-y feel, rather than a gel OR a liquid. It comes out as sort of a gold/light orange color and feels like a moisturizer going on. :D Thanks for the recommendation on the witch hazel! I think I'll look into it!

#122 Doddy46

Doddy46

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Guitar, weight lifting, hiking and video games just to name a few. Up untill recently pot smoking, but a bad case of tinnitus changed all that -_-. Please don't slam on marijuana, if it isnt for you, that's great, if it is, it causes no one any harm (unless your the lazy, unemployed, leech off family/friends/government type pothead...) in which case, CUT THAT SHIT OUT HIPPEE! GET A JOB.

Achievements

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Ladies, Hietea (you sexy b.... you), just wanted to check in and see how your experiment for the betterment (is that a word?) of mankind it doing? And want to reinforce my support behind you girls, I still think this is awesome and am fully hoping for the long term results being benefitial. Keep up the "work" ladies, you are pioneers in this particualr field as no one else has tried this long term and continously reported the results back to the rest of us. And the fact theres more than one of you doing this is phenominal. *Approve**

Please be careful with witch hazel, very small amounts.

Seems the thyme tincture hadnt work out as well as hoped? (not enough time to read all posts, will check back up in a couple days, if you can, please sum up your experence in breif for me, I'd appretiate that very much.

Rock N Roll!! *headbangin*

#123 UKdreamin

UKdreamin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried ingesting large amounts of thyme and seen a difference, rather than just applying it topically?

#124 pav6629

pav6629

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

i cannt use alcohol on my sensitive face because it irritates the heck out of it??? i was wondering if anyone thinks i could get the same benefits by making a thyme tea instead......just loose thyme in a tea bowl and let it steep for 20 minutes..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users