thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Absolutely will stay on it! I don't think one zit will deter me. haha I've dealt with far worse...one pimple does not scare me in the slightest! biggrin.png

Perfect! I like your attitude lol!

New Regimen (Thyme Tincture): http://www.acne.org/...g/#entry3381600

My gallery: http://www.acne.org/...reisalwayshope/ (You will have to click "gallery")

There Is Always Hope

#42 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Day 10 Update:

C.L.E.A.R.

My gallery: http://www.acne.org/...reisalwayshope/ (You will have to click "gallery")

There Is Always Hope

#43 Doddy46

Doddy46

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Guitar, weight lifting, hiking and video games just to name a few. Up untill recently pot smoking, but a bad case of tinnitus changed all that -_-. Please don't slam on marijuana, if it isnt for you, that's great, if it is, it causes no one any harm (unless your the lazy, unemployed, leech off family/friends/government type pothead...) in which case, CUT THAT SHIT OUT HIPPEE! GET A JOB.

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

I read about this on cruncybetty, but it was still very preliminary, and no one at the time had tried it or posted any sort of progress reports (brave enough to be a guinea pig for the rest of us)

I tend to advise against all treatments almost, but this one I could feel ok standing behind, if it turns out to work well enough and not have any negative consequences on your skin later.

I applaude you, keep it up. We are ALL hoping for your continued success, of that I'm sure.

Absolutely will stay on it! I don't think one zit will deter me. haha I've dealt with far worse...one pimple does not scare me in the slightest! biggrin.png

Glad to hear it, we need human experiments, and honest ones at that, that we can follow in  real time and help spread this if it turns out to be useful.

Also, if that is you in your avatar, your are fucking, gorgeous. That is all.

Edited by Doddy46, 17 September 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#44 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Yes Doddy, that is where I saw the idea from crunchybetty. I just want to be a real guinea pig like you said. So far three people are testing thyme tincture as part of their regimen. We will all see what happened right smile.png

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 17 September 2013 - 11:33 AM.

There Is Always Hope

#45 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Thank you Doddy smile.png

I also saw that article on Crunchy Betty. She seemed really gung-ho about people doing experiments with thyme. haha As a science major and a science teacher, I may as well be the one.

Update for Day 3:

The pimple that I had on my left cheek...gone. Besides a red mark. Yessss.

No new spots, otherwise. I still have some healing from the last breakout that I had (as in, they still have that dry-ish scabby like skin over them...haha gross, sorry) But I can deal with those. Also, my the hyperpigmentation on my cheeks seems to be going away quickly, which is awesome because I'm really self-conscious about it. I will post comparison pictures (Day 1 vs Day 7), after I've used thyme for a week. biggrin.png I can tell it's gonna be a pretty nice difference.

Also, I realized that Witch Hazel has pretty much all the weird smell and the thyme only adds a little bit to the funkiness. Once again, it doesn't bother me. But what a weird aroma. saywhat.gif

Edited by heitea, 17 September 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#46 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Also, I realized that Witch Hazel has pretty much all the weird smell and the thyme only adds a little bit to the funkiness. Once again, it doesn't bother me. But what a weird aroma. saywhat.gif

YAY for science. I am also a science major haha. And definitely agree with you there too…the smell is just weird but I guess its not weird enough to bother us lol tongue.png

I also am noticing the texture of my skin healing quicker soon. I am glad to see yours is doing the same.Well continue what you are doing! You are doing great!

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 17 September 2013 - 05:01 PM.

There Is Always Hope

#47 GouldbergVariations

GouldbergVariations

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

I am going to start this. Is the thyme dry spices ? or is it the plant version?

#48 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

I am going to start this. Is the thyme dry spices ? or is it the plant version?

YAY! You are the fourth person I believe who is going to try it!

And to answer your question…it is the dry herb smile.png

Good Luck and keep us posted! 

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 17 September 2013 - 05:00 PM.

There Is Always Hope

#49 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

So i got one zit…but that isn't going to ruin me. I had to give BP 5 weeks to show any results so I will do the same for this regimen. Just sucks guys bleh crazy.gif

I am going to keep going everyone…I am wondering if i will experience a purge still. Who knows.strongsad.gif

I think that my thyme needs to be stronger. And once it has steeped for about 3 weeks or more it will work better. The reason I think this is because the article I posted in my first post used thyme steeped for many weeks and mine has only steeped for 10 days or so. This may be it?????saywhat.gif lol.

There Is Always Hope

#50 Kalinka

Kalinka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

I'm so excited to try this! I just need to wait til the weekend to get the witch hazel I think. You've mentioned you saw our red marks fading faster. Do you think that the thyme is fading them, or is it that you're not putting on BP and making your skin red generally from irritation? My red marks will be the death of me, I fear... haha! So I'm interesting in anything that will help (certainly not as much BP will definitely help my skin heal).

BTW, where did you find your witch hazel? In Walmart? Where was it in the store?? Thanks :)

Edited by syllacrostics, 18 September 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#51 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'm so excited to try this! I just need to wait til the weekend to get the witch hazel I think. You've mentioned you saw our red marks fading faster. Do you think that the thyme is fading them, or is it that you're not putting on BP and making your skin red generally from irritation? My red marks will be the death of me, I fear... haha! So I'm interesting in anything that will help (certainly not as much BP will definitely help my skin heal).

BTW, where did you find your witch hazel? In Walmart? Where was it in the store?? Thanks smile.png

:D I saw my marks fading faster, and I wasn't using bp before on my face, so I think it's to do with the combo of witch hazel and thyme!

You can find witch hazel in the pharmacy/cosmetics section of any convenience store and definitely wal-mart! It's even at some grocery stores that have a pharm section. It's super cheap-- like $3-4 or something. Not bad.

#52 Kalinka

Kalinka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

BTW, where did you find your witch hazel? In Walmart? Where was it in the store?? Thanks smile.png

biggrin.png I saw my marks fading faster, and I wasn't using bp before on my face, so I think it's to do with the combo of witch hazel and thyme!

You can find witch hazel in the pharmacy/cosmetics section of any convenience store and definitely wal-mart! It's even at some grocery stores that have a pharm section. It's super cheap-- like $3-4 or something. Not bad.

Awesome! Yay for thyme!!

I love cheap, so this is fantastic haha! Thanks :)

#53 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Update Day 4:

I have a problem with touching and picking my face which is a-WHOLE-nother issue, but I created a zit on my chin because I was peeling dead skin off of an old zit last night (sorry...).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm using thyme. And that zit is already going away since the time I noticed it when I woke up. Only a slight bump with a red mark.

I think that it's great that thereisalwayshope and I are doing this at two different points in our acne journey. She's seeing if it will keep her clear, whereas I'm seeing if it will get me clear. I definitely think that it's contributing to my skin's clarity. I actually am starting to like what I see in the mirror in the morning. There isn't much redness in my face, besides my healing red marks. I used to have very red skin.

I need to make some more tincture! haha, I only made an itty bitty amount (half of a medium mason jar) and it's already kind of running out. lol

Also, I should add that I actually used fresh thyme for my tincture. I think I'll make my next batch with dry thyme, but it seems like the fresh thyme tincture is just as potent. We shall see! biggrin.png Also, I'll have a picture update/comparison in a couple days!

EDIT: Also, thereisalwayshope, which science did you major in? I've got a bachelor's in Biology with a double major in Secondary Education!

Edited by heitea, 18 September 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#54 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

heitea!

Definitely make more tincure because as you have noticed you use it up relatively fast haha. Use dry and see if it smells more potent and works better. Can I ask how long you are willing to continue this regimen? In my case with BP I did not have any results until about 5 weeks after, and so I do not want to stop using thyme until a while….I am not saying that thyme isn't working for me because it definitely is but it seems I am getting like a pimple a week or so and I wonder if eventually I will stop breaking out all together you know? 

And I agree that us doing this at different parts of our acne roller coaster is a great thing. I hope this works out wonderfully for both of us. I pray for us and everyone else who is on thyme! 

I majored in human nutrition which focuses on the scientific edge of nutrition. The weird things about this major is the majority of my classes are chemistry and biology haha and not much nutrition.  And I hope to also get a minor in chemistry soon as well, and possibly bio since I've already taken so many classes ! tongue.png

Also thank you so much for being so helpful, perhaps we'll start a movement  with thyme lolhifive.gif

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 18 September 2013 - 01:25 PM.

There Is Always Hope

#55 matt f

matt f

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Good luck to everyone trying this method! Will keep following this thread.

When I'm using stuff from the earth, I imagine bathing in a pond in the forest and being a forest goddess, so of course, I'd be light and lovely with my application. hahahah...oh my gosh. What a strange confession...

biggrin.png

garycoleman-wtf.gif

#56 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

matt f: hahahaha...i knew that would come back and be embarrassing later on. sorry...i'm a little crazy.

thereisalwayshope: I'll be on this regimen for a while, too! I'm going to visit for my sister for a couple months, so I'll just stick with it at least until I come home. That way, there's some definitive data on whether it's a reliable acne treatment.

And that's really cool about your human nutrition stuff! I always thought nutrition was really interesting. But yeah, my biology major was almost as much chemistry and physics as it was biology, so I totally understand you on that one.

Quick little update: Just want to say-- I exercise everyday. This hasn't been affecting me at all in terms of zit-formation. However, I REALLY need to learn to stop touching my face all the time.

#57 mrsrobinson

mrsrobinson

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

This is exciting and I'm happy for you guys...Heitea, do you have cystic acne and it's helping with that?

#58 sorbet

sorbet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:photography, reading, running, art, music, cooking

Achievements

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

This topic is so interesting... good luck everyone, keep us updated! :)

Stopping the birth control pill & going natural log:

http://www.acne.org/...ntrol-pill-log/

#59 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

This is exciting and I'm happy for you guys...Heitea, do you have cystic acne and it's helping with that?

I don't have primarily cystic acne, but I do have cysts on occasion. It seems to be calming any spot that I do get, though. I mostly get whiteheads and blackheads with some cysts along my jawline and chin. I have had only one cyst since starting this regimen and it went away literally within a day or two. SO...that's awesome. haha

#60 GouldbergVariations

GouldbergVariations

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I am going to Minneapolis this weekend, going to make this mixture and put in fridge for 3 days then start using when I get back. I purchased 100% pure witch hazel, nothing else added ,and organic thyme leaves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users