Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Me again haha tongue.png

Just wondering does it have a smell at all that other people might notice during the day? And do you just use a 'plain' cleanser and moisturiser (no active ingredients)? Sorry if you've already mentioned this and I've just missed it..

Edit - also would fresh thyme work? 

Edited by Lilly75, 13 September 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#22 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:I love spending time with people I love. And i love clear skin :P

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Day 7 Update

Everything seems to be looking awesome! I noticed something since I stopped using BP. My skin is healing so much faster. I don't  know if it was the oxidation effects of BP or maybe something else that caused by skin to slow healing, but one week off, I notice my acne spots had faded like they previously would have in a month with BP. I am going to do some research to find some truth to this rolleyes.gif

I am going to go to walmart soon to purchase more witch hazel so that I can make more thyme tincture. This stuff works awesome when it has the time to sit and increase its strength! But that doesn't mean it is rough on the skin at all. I think the only down side to this regimen is you smell like pasta (because thyme smells similar to oregano lol). I may add some essential oil to my mixture to make it smell better haha. 

Anyway to another day of clear skin! I hope everyones regimen is working well!

thereisalwayshope

Me again haha tongue.png

Just wondering does it have a smell at all that other people might notice during the day? And do you just use a 'plain' cleanser and moisturiser (no active ingredients)? Sorry if you've already mentioned this and I've just missed it..

Hello you smile.png

The thyme smells like oregano lol, but the smells goes away after like 30 minutes of drying, so I don't think you should worry too much about that. As for my cleanser I use St. Ives cleanser. I like exfoliating everyday haha. And for a moisturizer i use pure 100% sweet almond oil. Just a couple drop makes my skin supple. 

I do not know if fresh thyme will work. I mean it may. I have read about people making other tinctures with fresh herbs, but I believe most companies and experienced producers make their tincture use the dry herbs. I try and buy organic thyme at health food stores so that I am not using the stuff with pesticides on my skin. You can always experience with fresh thyme if you'd like, but I would probably stick with the herb since its shelf life is very long and many people prefer it to fresh.

I hope I answered your question.

Would you consider using thyme tincture on your skin along with BP?

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 14 September 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#23 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

In my gallery I have posted a picture of my skin. I have no actives like I have mentioned since starting thyme, but there is still acne spots that are slowly fading :)

#24 heitea

heitea

Smile! It makes you beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Your skin looks absolutely beautiful in that picture!

Also, I made the tincture today and I plan on using it tonight. :D Excited! It's already a brown-ish tea color and has been steeping for about 2 hours now. Do you think you'll strain out the thyme eventually? Or just keep it in there to become even more potent?

#25 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Also, I made the tincture today and I plan on using it tonight. biggrin.png Excited! It's already a brown-ish tea color and has been steeping for about 2 hours now. Do you think you'll strain out the thyme eventually? Or just keep it in there to become even more potent?

OMG YAY! I am sooooo incredibly happy that you have made the tincture! You have no idea!

And yup that is how it is supposed to be, nice and brown! And no I will leave the thyme in the jar because I don't mind the thyme being in it and want it to continue getting more potent. What I do to make my life a little easier though is once the thyme has sat in the jar for a week I take a different small bottle and strain an ounce into it to use on my face for the next two days or so. Do you understand? But that is just me, you can strain it after a week or two if the thyme really annoys you lol. 

Also, how many layers do you plan on putting on your face the in the morning and in the evening before bed? I currently am using 4 layers, adding each when the previous layer has dried. This seems to be working very well for me. But again it is all about experimentation, it just know my skin is crazy so I am going to stick to 3-4 layers for now teehee.gif

You totally made my day. I cannot wait to hear about your progress! 

#26 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Me again haha tongue.png

Hello you smile.png

The thyme smells like oregano lol, but the smells goes away after like 30 minutes of drying, so I don't think you should worry too much about that. As for my cleanser I use St. Ives cleanser. I like exfoliating everyday haha. And for a moisturizer i use pure 100% sweet almond oil. Just a couple drop makes my skin supple. 

I do not know if fresh thyme will work. I mean it may. I have read about people making other tinctures with fresh herbs, but I believe most companies and experienced producers make their tincture use the dry herbs. I try and buy organic thyme at health food stores so that I am not using the stuff with pesticides on my skin. You can always experience with fresh thyme if you'd like, but I would probably stick with the herb since its shelf life is very long and many people prefer it to fresh.

I hope I answered your question.

Would you consider using thyme tincture on your skin along with BP?

Thanks for that :) I was just asking as I actually have thyme growing in my garden. Not much but it's there :P I think dried would be more efficient and last longer like you said.

I'm sort of considering using it with BP... but I might wait a month or so before I do. I should really just leave the regimen as it is and see how it goes for me after another month at least and then decide. I'm about 2 weeks away from having used the regimen for 3 months and I'm still breaking out. But I'll give it a little longer before trying the tincture with the BP or on it's own.

And your skin is looking great!!

#27 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Big HUGS to you for taking the chance for this regimen!

Thanks for that smile.png I was just asking as I actually have thyme growing in my garden. Not much but it's there tongue.png I think dried would be more efficient and last longer like you said.

I'm sort of considering using it with BP... but I might wait a month or so before I do. I should really just leave the regimen as it is and see how it goes for me after another month at least and then decide. I'm about 2 weeks away from having used the regimen for 3 months and I'm still breaking out. But I'll give it a little longer before trying the tincture with the BP or on it's own.

And your skin is looking great!!

I say just do what feels right. I know if I was in your place with where you are in the regimen I would do the same thing. In the mean time, maybe get some dried thyme and leave your thyme tincture to steep and try and shake it gently once a day :)

And thank again, my skin has come a long way from the first day I started The Regimen lol.

And thank you for being awesome.

#28 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Hiking, Volleyball, Camping, Playing the Piano, Singing, Eating :P, Bird-watching, Exercising

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Also, I made the tincture today and I plan on using it tonight. biggrin.png Excited! It's already a brown-ish tea color and has been steeping for about 2 hours now. Do you think you'll strain out the thyme eventually? Or just keep it in there to become even more potent?

OMG YAY! I am sooooo incredibly happy that you have made the tincture! You have no idea!

And yup that is how it is supposed to be, nice and brown! And no I will leave the thyme in the jar because I don't mind the thyme being in it and want it to continue getting more potent. What I do to make my life a little easier though is once the thyme has sat in the jar for a week I take a different small bottle and strain an ounce into it to use on my face for the next two days or so. Do you understand? But that is just me, you can strain it after a week or two if the thyme really annoys you lol. 

Also, how many layers do you plan on putting on your face the in the morning and in the evening before bed? I currently am using 4 layers, adding each when the previous layer has dried. This seems to be working very well for me. But again it is all about experimentation, it just know my skin is crazy so I am going to stick to 3-4 layers for now teehee.gif

You totally made my day. I cannot wait to hear about your progress! 

:D Very little annoys me, so I'll probably just keep the thyme in there for added potency. haha Although, I may add some into another little container, like you said, just for ease-of-use.

I think I'll try the 3-4 layers for now because my skin is crazy, too. haha!

I've been reading all day about this and I'm really intrigued about it! If you don't mind, I'll update my progress here :)

#29 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

biggrin.png Very little annoys me, so I'll probably just keep the thyme in there for added potency. haha Although, I may add some into another little container, like you said, just for ease-of-use.

I think I'll try the 3-4 layers for now because my skin is crazy, too. haha!

I've been reading all day about this and I'm really intrigued about it! If you don't mind, I'll update my progress here smile.png

GOOD! Same with my nothing annoys me either haha. So we are good lol. And great that sounds like a perfect amount of layers for our crazy skin ;)

And it is funny that you say you have been reading about it because before decided to try it I did the same thing! Isn't there so much out there on it, but it seems hardly anyone knows about it? That is why I started the post here. I had a pretty popular post for when I began The Regimen (DKR) last year and so I thought maybe I could bring some popularity to this considering my history with acne. And of course update freely. I am encouraging it. People need to hear about as many testimonials as possible so that they may consider trying thyme too. 

I read about it for literally two days straight because it was just so interesting that thyme might possibly work better than the Holy Grail acne product that is Benzoyl Peroxide.

PS. you do not have to quote me when you reply because I see them regardless, but I will quote you so that you get notified when I reply ;) The quotes just can get sooo long sometimes haha.

I posted the only pic I have right before beginning Thyme so you can see how my skin looked. It isn't very close up, but at least it is something right?

#30 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

There aren't very many testimonials at all, which I find odd, especially because of the idea that it's potentially better than bp. I'm actually allergic to bp and it causes extreme itchiness and redness on my face. Tea tree oil does something similar, but with raised, itchy bumps. Hopefully thyme doesn't do that to me!

You have super long hair! And you are absolutely gorgeous!

#31 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

There aren't very many testimonials at all, which I find odd, especially because of the idea that it's potentially better than bp. I'm actually allergic to bp and it causes extreme itchiness and redness on my face. Tea tree oil does something similar, but with raised, itchy bumps. Hopefully thyme doesn't do that to me!

You have super long hair! And you are absolutely gorgeous!

I know it is quite strange I agree. Well maybe we can be apart of the first few people then right! And same for me! But I wasn't allergic to BP for a entire year, but the last month of use my skin just got super sensitive to it, and possibly allergic? I do not know really, but it made my skin feel like leather. Yikes it was nasty I could not open my mouth lol. But I am fine now :)

And aww thank you for the compliment you made me blush ;) And you are as well. Naturally stunning. Lucky You!!! 

#32 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Day 8 Update:

Nothin new to report! I am thinking I will update skin progress couple times a week instead of everyday because I am pretty much writing the same things for an update lol. My skin is healing though. My spots are fading much faster now than before which makes me happy :P

Anyway I love you all, stay strong in your regimen, and ask for support when you need it.

thereisalwayshope

#33 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hello!

Day 1

Just wanted to update!

I used the tincture for the first time last night and woke up with no new spots. I had a spot growing last night that I didn't pop, but this morning, it was ready to be extracted, so I did that in a sanitary manner. I had a painful under-the-skin pimple last night that is almost entirely gone today, but it was on its way out anyway, so I'm not sure if it's due to the tincture or just due to my body healing. I also woke up with no irritation, no itching, and healthy feeling skin smile.png That's a good sign because my skin gets itchy so easily. Of course, it's too early to tell if this is what's going to work for me. But so far, I'm feeling good!

My boyfriend went into the bathroom after I used it this morning and said it smelled like I made pizza in there. haha. At least I didn't smell like pizza. The smell fades from your face pretty quickly.

Edited by heitea, 15 September 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#34 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

A little Later Day 1 Update:

I did have an old cyst come to a head today. Once again, not sure if this is due to the Thyme or due to the fact that it was "time" for it to come up anyway. lololol...Hilarious. :P

My skin is feeling very lovely and soft, though! Plus, for some reason, using natural stuff makes me treat my skin with a gentler touch. I'm not sure why, but that's just how it goes for me! When I'm using topicals from a bottle, I seem to kind of slap it on. When I'm using stuff from the earth, I imagine bathing in a pond in the forest and being a forest goddess, so of course, I'd be light and lovely with my application. hahahah...oh my gosh. What a strange confession...

:D

#35 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'm going to stay following this thread (even if I'm not posting in it often) - I'm  really interested to see how this goes for you both - and I hope it works well! It would be so great to find something natural that worked as well as or better than BP!! :)

#36 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

I love ya heitea and Lilly lol! You guys are awesome! Stay updated!

Edited by thereisalwayshope, 16 September 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#37 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'm going to stay following this thread (even if I'm not posting in it often) - I'm  really interested to see how this goes for you both - and I hope it works well! It would be so great to find something natural that worked as well as or better than BP!! smile.png

Tell me about it lol. 

#38 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Update Day 2

No new spots today! biggrin.png Just the healing spot that I extracted yesterday. Things are going well!

EDIT: I got a new zit on my left cheek today. It's not poppable and it's mostly under-the-skin, I think. It doesn't hurt very much and it's not huge, but I'd prefer it not be there.

Edited by heitea, 16 September 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#39 thereisalwayshope

thereisalwayshope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Update Day 2

No new spots today! biggrin.png Just the healing spot that I extracted yesterday. Things are going well!

EDIT: I got a new zit on my left cheek today. It's not poppable and it's mostly under-the-skin, I think. It doesn't hurt very much and it's not huge, but I'd prefer it not be there.

I just want to let you know that after a week of your thyme potion steeps, it works so much better. So please continue to give it the time to work. I hope you stay on this regimen for a while so we can all see the true results :P

Keep going!

#40 heitea

heitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Update Day 2

I just want to let you know that after a week of your thyme potion steeps, it works so much better. So please continue to give it the time to work. I hope you stay on this regimen for a while so we can all see the true results tongue.png

Keep going!

Absolutely will stay on it! I don't think one zit will deter me. haha I've dealt with far worse...one pimple does not scare me in the slightest! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users