Photo

Deficient In Pantothenic Acid Vit B5 , Reaction To Citrus?

4 replies to this topic

#1 sustakp

sustakp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hi,

I see quite a few people having an increase in acne with consumption of Citrus.

Is it due to a deficiency in pantothenic acid? That is what I read about.

I see the top 10 sources for Pantothenic acid listed and I realise I do not consume most of them in large quantities.

I am planning on taking bee pollen as it is high in pantothenic acid. Any suggestions?

#2 sustakp

sustakp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

bump!

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

I don't think I've heard hat. I have found a few reasons for citrus sensitivity, if only I could remember which thread I posted them in... They are in here somewhere http://www.acne.org/...?hl=antibodies, but some of the pasted text is too small to read on my ipad.

However, in looking for solutions for my dog's skin problems, I see a lot of claims of associations between allergies & B vitamins. Bu withou any real explanation or evidence.

Edited by alternativista, 12 September 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 sustakp

sustakp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

I read it in a couple of places, that people when they have stressed periods their adrenals use up B5, if it is not effectively replenished it can cause citrus allergies/ sensitivities.

Whats you take on consuming bee pollen/ royal jelly?

Thanks

#5 sustakp

sustakp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

I don't think I've heard hat. I have found a few reasons for citrus sensitivity, if only I could remember which thread I posted them in... They are in here somewhere http://www.acne.org/...?hl=antibodies, but some of the pasted text is too small to read on my ipad.

However, in looking for solutions for my dog's skin problems, I see a lot of claims of associations between allergies & B vitamins. Bu withou any real explanation or evidence.

Hi Alternativista,

I see a post you made a long time back about this .

http://www.acne.org/...-3#entry3258244

I think I read with the same words in my search. I am going to try royal jelly from oct for a month. I want to start when my breakout due to pineappples looks totally clear so I dont confuse any acne caused by pineapples to be due to royal jelly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users