Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Probiotics While On Accutane?

3 posts in this topic

Literally just started my 40 mg 2x a day accutane course, but I have been on antibiotics for acne for about 2 years. The antibiotics would always work for a bit, then wear off until I got a new kind prescribed, but I have decided to go on accutane for a permanent clear.

I hate the idea of taking antibiotics long term, so I feel like this was the best choice to do. But being on antibiotics for 2 years, I definitely lost some of the "good" bacteria (gut flora) so I was wondering if taking probiotics while on the tane would be a good idea?

I have no idea if they would react in anyway, if the probiotics might interfere with the tane, or if it may increase a chance for breakouts. If it would be beneficial, what brand would you recommend? I really just wanna clear this acne and avoid taking any supplements at all, but I know I should take some probiotic to reverse the damage from the antibiotics.

I took probiotics while on Accutane. It is safe and will most likely help your guts get back to normal after all of those antibiotics. I recommend the GNC brand in the blister packs so they stay fresh and viable. They are also a better deal than many of the other brands out there.

Current Regimen: Solodyn, BeYaz, Atralin, Aczone

1 course of Accutane completed March 2012

There is no known interaction between Accutane and probiotics