Photo

Another Vitamin D Success Story (In Progress!)

21 replies to this topic

#21 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

nice. i found 6 months ago that vitamin D was used in a study in the 1930s and cleared 70% of patients from acne after 4 months. hopefully you were reading my study but a few other people have seen that too. I took D3 10000 iu  a day as well and tested hypertoxic after 2 months at 118. now i only take 2000. watch out! congratz on it clearing you

You were tested hypertoxic?? What was your level before supplementing?

My level is 28, and the doctor put me on 100,000 IU (yes, that's right) of prescription D2  per week for 2 months, with a 3rd refill after that if needed. Should I be worried? So far, it has helped a lot with depression and a bit with skin texture, and I have been taking it for 1.5 months. 

yes. my level was 10 before. i was on 60000 iu vitamin d2 but it only raised it to 23 after 3 months so i switched to d3 which is way more effective

6,000 and 10,000 iu seems quite a lot. Is that safe? I've been doing 2,000 a day for about a week or so.
Also, have you had problems with oily skin and if so, have vitamin d helped?

Thanks and great progress.

A demonstration of you not knowing about proper dosing of vitamins, yet you make statements of such knowledge in other threads. Please put your ego aside and accept the facts.

Vitamin D safety
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/10232622

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18844846

Ugh.

Leave me alone, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from doing anything. I was just trying to help.

We're all here because of acne problems and we're all trying to help each other.

Please, just stop.

i second this. this person is trying to help and you are just pissing all over their party

nice. i found 6 months ago that vitamin D was used in a study in the 1930s and cleared 70% of patients from acne after 4 months. hopefully you were reading my study but a few other people have seen that too. I took D3 10000 iu  a day as well and tested hypertoxic after 2 months at 118. now i only take 2000. watch out! congratz on it clearing you

My level is 28, and the doctor put me on 100,000 IU (yes, that's right) of prescription D2  per week for 2 months, with a 3rd refill after that if needed. Should I be worried? So far, it has helped a lot with depression and a bit with skin texture, and I have been taking it for 1.5 months. 
Note that he put you on D2, not D3. D2 is not absorbed near as well by the body as D3 is and therefore less potent at similar doses; but for whatever reason all prescription vitamin d is in the D2 form. That dose of D2 is fine for short periods of time (few months) if you have a diagnosed deficiency. That much D3 though for longer than a few weeks would be very bad LOL.

I thought prescription D2 can be more toxic though, especially since it's synthetic. So far, though, I'm tolerating it much better than D3 supplements, possibly because it's the plant-based rather than the lanolin-based form. I think both my D2 and D3 levels are low, but the doctor only gave me the cumulative level which was 28. Will taking D2 also correct my D3 deficiency? that's what I'm worried about, that it won't raise my D3 levels enough, just the D2. 

But yeah, for depression and anxiety it has done wonders! 

dont worry. just keep getting tested often and you will be fine 

#22 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

my level before suplementing was 10.  I think that the D2 will be fine. sorry i respond to this so late. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users