Photo

What Do You Think? Primers? Comments Needed!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Okay so im on accutane- my skin has never been that bad. I had this problem since the beginning of time even when i wasnt on the meds. I want to try a primer under my makeup- what do you think of this one?  Its the Cover Fx Spf 30 protection primer- i got it because obviously my makeup always goes on badly- but i can never find a good SPF under my makeup. 

Usually i wash my face with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser- then CeraVe Lotion- then use a wet sponge to stipple my Nars Sheer Glow onto my skin. But everytime i apply my Cerave A.m with spf 30 after my Cerave lotion it makes my skin so peely looking. So i went on a hunt to find a "safe one" so what do you peeps think? 

• Active Ingredients:
  • Octocrylene 11.0% w/w
  • Homosalate 7.5% w/w
  • Octisalate 5.0% w/w
  • Avobenzone 3.5% w/w.

• Does NOT Contain:
  • Parabens
  • Sulfates
  • Phthalates
  • Fragrance
  • Gluten
  • Mineral Oil
  • Talc

• Contains:
  • Bisabolol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone/ Bisisobutyl Ppg-20 Crosspolymer, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Phytosphingosine, Silica, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Squalane, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Tribehenin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Tris (Ppg-3 Benzyl Ether) Citrate

Attached Files

"Pass the marmalade"          - Hermione Granger

#2 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I've never tried that particular primer, so I can't tell you how well it works from experience. But, primers in general can make a difference in the texture and smoothness of the skin. If you moisturize your face before you put on the primer, that will eliminate any "peely" looking skin. If you have a bumpy skin texture, or pores, primers will help to minimize them. (:

#3 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Okay well ive been using this since errr last thursday? i cant remember exactly- its actually a wonderful primer.  and great because it protects my skin. :) 

"Pass the marmalade"          - Hermione Granger

#4 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Okay well ive been using this since errr last thursday? i cant remember exactly- its actually a wonderful primer.  and great because it protects my skin. smile.png

I'm glad it's working for you! :)

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

It helps me to wash with CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and then exfoliate with small, tiny circles with a washcloth. I then use CeraVe AM and wait about 10 minutes for it to settle. Then apply the primer.

Using too many products (I don't think you need CeraVe Lotion AND CeraVe AM at the same time, the CeraVe AM is already in a lotion base) and not exfoliating give me that flaky look. 

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users