Hyper Pigmentation What Products Can I Used To Help

3 replies to this topic

#1 Burhan21

Burhan21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hey guys I'm 17 year old male currently at college here in the UK and I've had pretty bad acne since I was 13 but now recently my acne has really come under controls and for the most part it has cleared up! I've been using a 5% BP and it's really helped now when I feel my face it's so smooth no spots anymore I may have the odd one or two crop up but I'm sure because of puberty that's pretty normal. My dilemma is that I suffered most of school with acne and now that it's finally for the most part gone I'm left with these terrible red marks all over my face. They're now scars as they feel really smooth they are just red makes on the surface of my skin and even though my acne has gone I still feel it's still there because of these marks!!
I'm currently using Garnier skin naturals dark spot daily illuminating moisturiser which contains 5% pure vitamin C. So far I've been using it for 7 weeks daily and it's lightened my marks up they are much better than before however they are still bad!
Please can anyone suggest any over the counter products that can help with my marks or any cream available with in a reasonable budget! Please guys i need your help 5 years I've had this and now that it's finally healing I'm left with something just as worse...please guys your help and experience will be much appreciated!! :(

#2 mrsrobinson

mrsrobinson

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

AHA is inexpensive, and fades red marks...but you have to start slowly to make sure you build up your skin's tolerance to it

if you have some time and the inclination to do so, try mild lactic acid peels, nothing over 20% as you don't want downtime

#3 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hey guys I'm 17 year old male currently at college here in the UK and I've had pretty bad acne since I was 13 but now recently my acne has really come under controls and for the most part it has cleared up! I've been using a 5% BP and it's really helped now when I feel my face it's so smooth no spots anymore I may have the odd one or two crop up but I'm sure because of puberty that's pretty normal. My dilemma is that I suffered most of school with acne and now that it's finally for the most part gone I'm left with these terrible red marks all over my face. They're now scars as they feel really smooth they are just red makes on the surface of my skin and even though my acne has gone I still feel it's still there because of these marks!!
I'm currently using Garnier skin naturals dark spot daily illuminating moisturiser which contains 5% pure vitamin C. So far I've been using it for 7 weeks daily and it's lightened my marks up they are much better than before however they are still bad!
Please can anyone suggest any over the counter products that can help with my marks or any cream available with in a reasonable budget! Please guys i need your help 5 years I've had this and now that it's finally healing I'm left with something just as worse...please guys your help and experience will be much appreciated!! sad.png

Hi Burhan21! I use a product called Clinique Dark Spot corrector and that has really helped clear up my hyperpigmentation. I started using the serum about 7 weeks ago, and now my skin is very even in tone. For a 30 ml bottle it costs about $50. Something that I recommend doing with any dark spot correcting serum is to stay out of the sun, or wear a hat and sunscreen. Hyperpigmentation can become darker if it is exposed to the sun, so by staying out of the sun, you will likely get better results from whichever serum you use. (:

#4 Burhan21

Burhan21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hey thank guys for your replies they really helped il be sure to try out the stuff you mentions and il keep everyone posted on the results!! Thank you :)

Edited by Burhan21, 02 September 2013 - 09:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users