6 replies to this topic

#1 Aimsacne

Aimsacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Hi all!

I've just discovered the Regime and have a few questions from fellow acne suffers!

A bit about me:
I'm a 26 y/o female from Australia.
I am using Nutrogena cleanser and moisturiser and jojoba oil and almay makeup - foundation, conclearer and powder.

I tried benzol peroxide but I wake up with a bad headache every morning I have used it at night time so I can't use it anymore.

I'm at the end of two weeks of using the new products and I have found my skin is nicer however I still have the same amount of little skin coloured bumps and three cystic pimples - two on chin and one on forehead.

Can anyone advise if this is my skin clearing up the pimples by bringing them out or if something is just not working for me?

Thanks heaps

#2 Aimsacne

Aimsacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Anyone have any advice? Ta

#3 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

You might get more help in The Regimen forum on here.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#4 Aimsacne

Aimsacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Ta

#5 Keautyizskindeep

Keautyizskindeep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

So, I've been following the Acne.org instructions for the past month without purchasing the Regimen products, only because I had just spent $100s on other skincare products and I was hesistant about purchasing another product that may not work.  I did follow the advice about avoiding products that can clog pores, cleansing with a mild cleaser, using benzoyl peroxide (I had a 5% gel from Kaiser), and using a moisturizer with jojoba oil.  Before following these instructions, my face was horrible.  A few months back I had a flare-up, mostly around my chin and mouth area, that would not clear up.  I've been on everything!  So when I heard about this website, I decided to give their recommendations a try.   I started seeing improvement in 2 weeks.  A month later, I have maybe 1 or 2 pimples, but nothing like I had before.  My face is so much better.  The first few weeks were the toughest for me because I experienced the same thing you did....skin starting to clear but still with litte bumps...a larger pimple here and there....extreme dryness.  JUST KEEP ON GOING!  I think with acne sufferers like us, we want fast progress.  We want the acne to just go away!  I was desperate, but I knew I had to be patient.  So at least now, I haven't had a major breakout, and to think of it, I don't think I've had a "whitehead" I felt I needed to pop (sorry for the description!).  I finally ordered the Regimen Kit (just in case) but I've only been using their Treatment product, which I feel is the best benzoyl peroxide product I've ever used, and I've used several.  Remember, Dan recommended to stick with it for at least 4 months, so keep on trekking!

#6 Sgreenta

Sgreenta

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

Hi. I also have adult acne and rosacea which was really pretty severe. I started the regimen about 3 months ago and my skin got worse for the first 2-3 weeks. Then, after following religiously using purpose cleanser, neutrogena on the spot and cetaphil lotion. it started really clearing up. interestingly, I had a couple of headaches at first, but i did not think they were related. About week 6 I bought Dan's products, which are fantastic. I also started on prescription nicomide (supplement containing zinc, folic acid, copper and niacin) and Culturelle probiotic a few weeks ago. Now, my skin is nearly perfect. I still get a zit maybe once per week, but nothing like it was. Stick it out with the regimen. It will work! Ask your derm about nicomide. I hope this helps.
Current Regimen Started June 2013:
AM
acne.org cleanser
acne,org BP
acne.org moisturizer
NeoCutis Lumier Riche eye cream
Neutrogena sensitive skin SPF 30
Carmex lip balm

PM
acne.org cleanser
acne,org BP
1/2 acne.org moisturizer + 1/2 acne.org AHA+ 5 drops jojoba oil
NeoCutis Lumier Riche eye cream
Carmex lip balm

Current Supplements: Nicomide, Viviscal, Nordic Naturals Omega 3, Emergen-C, Culturelle Probiotic.

Current Status: 99% clear

#7 Oilygirl1980

Oilygirl1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

What you're describing about the skin colored bumps is what I had when I was using jojoba oil as my moisturizer. They were itchless, painless, and everywhere. I had thought it was acne from switching up my routine but I guess I'm allergic to it. When i stopped, the rash went away within a couple weeks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users