Autoimmune Paleo & Pufas

21 replies to this topic

#21 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

He was asking for the best alternative to milk, well, in that case, if he doesn't like dry cereal I think rice is the least harmful. Yes, there might be a grain sensitivity, but rice is not the worst grain to digest, there are far worse. I was going to suggest flax milk as well, but that might be more risky than rice milk. In any case, he can't starve himself. I agree that it's far healthier to cut out all grains, but I personally find it hard to fuction, let alone stand, without a little bit of grains every day. I tried full paleo and it wasn't for me, although it did help my skin.

#22 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

He was asking for the best alternative to milk, well, in that case, if he doesn't like dry cereal I think rice is the least harmful. Yes, there might be a grain sensitivity, but rice is not the worst grain to digest, there are far worse. I was going to suggest flax milk as well, but that might be more risky than rice milk. In any case, he can't starve himself. I agree that it's far healthier to cut out all grains, but I personally find it hard to fuction, let alone stand, without a little bit of grains every day. I tried full paleo and it wasn't for me, although it did help my skin.

Actually, the OP is a paleo dieter and didn't mention cereal or milk substitutes. And didn't ask for anything.

Milk only came up because someone told him he needs to eat soy because its a major source of vitamin E in the average diet.

Edited by alternativista, 19 December 2013 - 07:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users