53 replies to this topic

#41 Bja87

Bja87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Nine weeks and six days in

Finally thought I was clearing up as I haven't had a new pimple in about five days... Woke up with four new pimples today so I guess not. Sometimes the breaking out is fairly consists like a new pimple every day then sometimes I'll go a few days with no new breakouts then break out with five new ones on one day it's very weird

#42 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

That has to be a good sign though! There were a few days where you weren't having new breakouts!

Do you have any photos from before you started the regimen so you can compare then to now? Is it possible even mild improvements are happening but you're just not seeing it? I know there's been times where I didn't think there was any improvement until I looked at old photos. Just a suggestion.

Hope you see more improvements soon!

#43 Bja87

Bja87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

No photos.. I avoid them at all costs. I don't think there is any improment and I am quiet confident that If there had been I would notice. Most of my more recent break outs have been fairly small wich is someone of an improvement but with that being said the slightly smaller breakouts are taking much longer to heal so I don't know what I think about that.,, I would probably prefer bigger pimples that go away in a day or two instead of slightly smaller that are taking a week or more in some cases to go away... And by go away I mean flatten out... All pimples big and small have been turning into red marks which sucks because if I just had the few pimples that I have on my face and nice even skin tone and no acne scars or red marks I would be really happy lol just dreaming I guess

#44 Bja87

Bja87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

So today is week ten. I'm happy I have made it this far and really hoping for results soon. So far I would say this regimen has done VERY little to nothing as far as stopping acne and treating acne. I would think that all purging should be done by now? I still get on average one new pimple a day. Sometimes I will go a few days with nothing new then get a few all on one day other times it just a consistently a new one a day. This might not seem that bad to some people and I agree that I'm lucky my skin isn't horrible, I have seen pictures on here of people with sever acne and I feel really bad for those people because I know how much my mild acne bothers me I can't imagine having more sever acne. I do strive towards completly clear skin or pretty close to it. So far I would not say I am anywhere near my end goal. I do hope to get rid or red marks but I know this will take a long time.

As far as side effects on the regimine they are still fairly sever. Applying bp and moisturizer still burns/ stings my face a lot. My face is quiet red at all times but especially the hours after apply the regimine. No matter what I do I still constantly feel like I am wearing a mask. My skin is tight and has a "crust" to it. Being at almost three months I was hoping this would be gone but I am willing to wait a little while longer. I have to slather on so much moisturizer and jojoba that I constantly look like an oily mess. I'm wondering if this will ever go away. I haven't wore make up the whole time being on the regimine and would really like to be able to again.

If my acne and side effects don't go down significantly in the next six weeks ( making it four months) I will not continue with the regimine so I'm really hoping for mirical soon!

#45 Bja87

Bja87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Three new pimples today, bad day. At almost eleven weeks in is it safe to say this is not for me?

#46 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

I don't know

I can't understand why you haven't seen any improvements :(

I'm still getting breakouts but my skin has improved a lot and I don't get as many breakouts as I used to. I do still get breakouts because I don't use the full amount every morning - just some mornings - but always the full amount every night.

Try and stick with it until 4 months. Maybe you really do need to just give it longer

Hang in there!

#47 tinatincy

tinatincy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I am studying law, I love music, enjoy life and hate, hate, hate acne :)

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

If you think you have been following the regimen precisely and you really don't see any improvements then maybe it really causes more damage than good. I don't know...Do you think maybe you could be alergic to BP or something? I saw blogs on BP where people were a little alergic to it and then it didn't do much good but it kinda caused even more acne.... 
That being said, I would advise to you not to count new pimples every morning but just to look at your skin as a whole...because, for example, I went from really bad cystic acne to acne that is still here but it just flattened out a little in 7 weeks I've been on the regimen, which is a clear sign that BP does something good for my skin, although my skin really doesn't look great at all, and it doesn't show any signs of clearing and has more hiperpigmentations than ever....but what I'm trying to say is that although you skin maybe doesn't yet look the way you'd like it to, maybe in whole it does show some improvements, but you just keep on counting new pimples which prevents you to see good sides of what the regimen did for your skin up until now???I mean you didn't post any pictures, so I can't say and you, off coarse know your skin better than anyone and you see how your skin looks, but a lot of people say that they start seeing improvements in their month 3 of the regimen and those don't have to be big improvements, but just the overall state of your skin and then in month 4 they start to clear up...
So in that way I agree with Lily when she says that maybe you should stick with it for another month and if it doesn't start to get better then give it up...But of coarse you know your skin and you know what would be the best for you!

#48 Bja87

Bja87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yeah I get what your saying but how else am I to judge my progress other then number of pimples? The other aspects if my skin have also gone down hill... Dry/flakey (obviously) as well as jts dull and... Ugly lol. I really wish I could see some sort of postive In this situation but I'm not going to just lie to my self (or others reading this log) and say oooooo!! My skin looks great!!! Bacause that would be untrue. I do have hope though planning in giving it at least another month or so before making up my mind all together.

#49 tinatincy

tinatincy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I am studying law, I love music, enjoy life and hate, hate, hate acne :)

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yes I get it :(
I am sad because it's not working for you yet, but I do hope it gets better in the next month or so :)
Fingers crossed :)

#50 Bja87

Bja87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Thank you!!!

#51 Bja87

Bja87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

So not much to say. No improvement acne wise still breaking out continuously there is also no improment with the dryness, flakiness and stinging. The one update I have is I put make up on for the first time today. Three months with out makeup! Wow! Anyways it wasn't AS horrible as I thought it would be but was pretty bad. Dry flakey mess clumps of skin and mousturizer and bp balling up all over my face... Yuck! At least I looked nice from afar haha really want the dryness to go down so make up will go on nicely. With the makeup my red marks were covered up which felt good!! But yeah this dryness is killing me!!! How much dryness can I put up with if it is not even clearing my acne??

#52 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Give it more time.  I did not see consistant clearing till after 3 months and closer to 4 months.  I felt like giving up too.  Dryness will probably always be an issue but i found that AHA helps as well as the summer weather.  Give it closer to 4 months before you call it quits.  

#53 Bja87

Bja87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

Give it more time.  I did not see consistant clearing till after 3 months and closer to 4 months.  I felt like giving up too.  Dryness will probably always be an issue but i found that AHA helps as well as the summer weather.  Give it closer to 4 months before you call it quits.  

Yeah that was the plan. I don't find the aha does much if anything to help with the dryness. Oh well I'll keep experimenting trying to find a system to help with the dryness. Today is also the beginning if week tweleve so the next while better be big improvements!!

#54 Bja87

Bja87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Not exactly sure where I'm at time wise. It's been for sure over three months close to four months I think... So I stopped applying bp in the morning. I just couldn't do it. My skin was so nasty with chunks of dead skin/bp/mousturizer hanging off my face. At about the same time as I switched to once a day bp my skin actually started to improve!! I had about two good weeks ( and by good I mean at least two active zits at a time) but now I'm back where I was a few weeks ago.. Waking up with two new zits this morning on top of a probably three week old zit I already had. I've been really off and on with the aha so I don't know if that's an issue but I don't think it should be? I also have been experiencing what I think is "clogged pores" I don't really know what they are but like tiny little grains of sand type things on my skin? Is this a clogged pore?? Sorry I have never really experienced this and if it is a clogged pore what can I do? This doesn't really bother me too much I'm more concerned about the actual zits but if I could get rid of this I would like to!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users