Photo
Accutane

Can The Initial Purge Caused By Accutane Come In The Form Of Developing More Whiteheads?

5 replies to this topic

#1 trollunderthebridge

trollunderthebridge

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

I've been on Accutane 16 days now, 40mg per day, and I have yet to experience any real side effects including an initial breakout, which makes me wonder/doubt it's working. I got prescribed it because I have moderate, but persistent acne in the form of whiteheads and blackheads. Within the last few days though, my face has just gotten SO SO SO bumpy with whiteheads - like goosebumps on my face bumpy. However, nothing is being "purged", they have just developed under my skin and are staying dormant from the looks of it. 

I know there is the IB for most people, I am curious, has this whitehead festival happened to anyone else? Or is my face just genuinely getting worse because I had to stop using my Tazorac in order to be on Accutane? This doesn't seem normal. I'm not breaking out, I'm just developing more. ???

#2 sarahlous

sarahlous

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I've been on Accutane 16 days now, 40mg per day, and I have yet to experience any real side effects including an initial breakout, which makes me wonder/doubt it's working. I got prescribed it because I have moderate, but persistent acne in the form of whiteheads and blackheads. Within the last few days though, my face has just gotten SO SO SO bumpy with whiteheads - like goosebumps on my face bumpy. However, nothing is being "purged", they have just developed under my skin and are staying dormant from the looks of it. 

I know there is the IB for most people, I am curious, has this whitehead festival happened to anyone else? Or is my face just genuinely getting worse because I had to stop using my Tazorac in order to be on Accutane? This doesn't seem normal. I'm not breaking out, I'm just developing more. ???

I'm on day 22 and I haven't gotten an IB, but after the first few days I did notice a ton of whiteheads in places I never used to get them, and my skin has a "bumpy" texture like you had described. There are bumps that haven't improved at all, and they have no colour to them, which makes me think they are under the skin. I think I'm going to try a product I heard about called Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask (or something) that helps with the bumpy texture. Good luck!

#3 mbbento

mbbento

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

My IB came in the form of a whitehead party.  It came almost immediately after I started.  Consider yourself lucky!

#4 EatsRainbows

EatsRainbows

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Writing. Reading. Cooking. Eating. Smiling.

Achievements

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

My IB didn't even begin until around day 50 ish but when it hit me, it was a white head fiesta :P

#5 trollunderthebridge

trollunderthebridge

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Well thanks for the answers everyone. It really puts my mind at ease knowing other people have experienced similar reactions. I nearly had myself convinced that I must be immune to the drug because I was developing more pimples (lol I know I know). I haven't heard of that clay mask before - it sounds interesting! Thank you for the tip, I think I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes.

#6 Avada Kedavra Acne

Avada Kedavra Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Good at hiding things (like Horcruxes), enjoy writing in cursed diaries, and being the heir of Slytherin yah know!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yesssureei! sadly you  will get white heads- just doooo nooooot pick them! the spots will scar badly! trust me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users