Photo

Breaking Out During First Week Of The Regimen!

regimen acne breakouts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 silla123

silla123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

So i'm on day 6 of the regimen, and boy has my skin broken out. I have mild acne, and i'm getting breakouts with this regimen! the only place i broke out was on my forehead area, and around my eyebrows. i NEVER had acne there, ever. My acne would only be on my cheeks and side of my face, and chin, but never on my forehead. will this go away eventually if i stick to this regimen? have you had any experiences with break outs on the first week while on this regimen?? it's really discouraging, but i know it'll take time. I'm impatient >.< lol. starting on friday, i'm going to apply the BP day AND night. right now i'm starting off slow with only applying the BP at night before i go to sleep. what's to come during the next few weeks? please, share experiences!! 

#2 onestepcloser

onestepcloser

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

I'm on week 4 and still breaking out :(. I hav noticed the acne has changed though. I was getting bad cysts but now no cysts, it also drys up the acne faster. My skin is very very dry even though I am moisturising. I am sticking with it but I want to give up nearly everyday!

#3 diamondlife

diamondlife

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

stick with it, i had the same problem. the first week it seemed to be working wonders, them i wake up in week 2 with painful red bumps on my chin area and cheek. this is called a purge. the bp is getting deep into your pores and cleaning them from the inside out. so if your breaking out that is why. Im 2 months in and i dont really break out like i used to and my overall complexion is a million times better. When i had acne a couple of montths ago i told myself that i would never get clear. and what do you know im in the process of getting clear. so dont discourage yourself, it will work just keep trying. 

#4 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

This is totally normal. I was breaking out really bad on my 4th and 5th week and it was around that time I wanted to quit so bad. Keep going though because that is exactly what I did and it was the best decision I could have done for my skin. :)

Good luck!

Morning Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion + Neutrogena Moisture with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Evening Routine:
- CLEANSER: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser/Acne.org Cleanser
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Cetaphil Moilturizing Cream + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Extras:
- Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in C25 (for redness)
- Pressed Powder: MAC Select Sheer in NC20 (for mattefying)
- Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin in Buff (for even skin tone)
- Scrub: St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control (twice a week in the AM)
- Medication: Diane 35
                     Meftormin 500mg (for PCOS)
- Supplements: Vitamin D3 (1000UI/day) --- Started 5/16/2013
                         Zinc (50mg/day) --- Started 5/16/2013

And this is all done as gently as possible. smile.png

This is my Regimen journey. --- http://www.acne.org/...gimenwith-pics/

Ordering Acne.org Products from the Philippines. --- http://www.acne.org/...he-philippines/

#5 mdp703

mdp703

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

I had a good response in my first week, but then broke out in my second, then cleared in my third, then broke out in the fourth. I'm now in my sixth and haven't had a break out in 1 1/2 weeks. Nonetheless, each breakout was getting a bit smaller and less inflamed, so I am assuming if I get another, it will be manageable.

#6 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Its completely normal as everyone above has said, but don't get impatient and start applying too much BP too early.  It doesn't do any good and if anything it will set you back a week or so as you will just irritate your skin too much.

Good luck with it all!

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#7 carebear06

carebear06

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

I broke out during my 6th-7th week really terribly. But its gone now ..I'm in my 9th week. This is totally normal. Stick with it, don't give up. Better days r ahead! :)
Before the regimen - http://www.acne.org/...re-the-regimen/

AM
- CLEANSER: Acne.org
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 1/2 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Olay complete with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

PM
- CLEANSER: Acne.org
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 1/2 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for EXTRAordinary destiny" -C.S Lewis

#8 MG02

MG02

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Don't worry; it is normal to get breakouts in the first few weeks. Remember, your skin is still trying to get used to the BP. Also, don't expect your acne to be gone in a month; it takes a long time for your skin to heal from acne; usually ranging from 4 months (Best-case scenario) to a year. Just be patient and let your skin get used to the BP. During my first week(s) on the Regimen, I still got breakouts. There was a point where I woke up with three large zits on my nose in the fourth week! Just keep following the Regimen and stick to it. It might be uncomfortable and over-drying at first, but at least wait to see results before giving up. I'm nearing two months into the Regimen, and my skin has finally stopped breaking out, as well as the pimples drastically reducing in size. I can't even tell you how happy I am to have stuck to the Regimen long enough to see these results. You have all my love and support, I wish you luck battling your acne! :)

You. You reading this. I don't care about your acne. You're still effing beautiful.
Month 1 on Regimen
Month 2 on Regimen
Month 3 on Regimen
Month 4 on Regimen
Month 5 on Regimen
Month 6 on Regimen