Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allergy diets

2 posts in this topic

When I was 14, my aunt took me to see a naturopath for my acne. He put me on a diet where I couldn't eat dairy, wheat, or sugar because I was allergic to all three and I had to find alternatives to them (goat dairy, spelt, honey). Ok so fine. I stuck with it for about 2 1/2 years but it was becoming VERY expensive. Health food stores are majorly overpriced. Plus I was popping about 10 different kinds of vitamins a day and those were terribly expensive too. This wasn't really doing wonders for my skin either. I was still breaking out like crazy and my mom was bitching about how much money my food was costing. Now I'm sort of still on it but I recently got hired at a pizza place so I'm eating junk a couple times a week. I haven't noticed a huge change in my skin but I do still break out a lot. I'm worried that by going off of this diet a bit I'll break out more but I can't really tell if there's a difference. Do diets really affect your skin? I stay away from caffeine and potatoes as much as I can because I hear its bad for the skin and same with alcohol. I also never drink soda or anything and try to avoid sugar as much as I can. I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on allergy diets and if they really affect acne in any way. Naturopaths say yes, dermatologists say no. So what the hell?

If you want to know for sure if foods are the cause, go on a candida diet.