glycolic chemical peel glycolic acid moderate acne

No replies to this topic

#1 JordanM98

JordanM98

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

It happens to the best of us, you try a new treatment and your skin just doesn't like it! I was at a follow up appointment at my dermatologists, and I asked if we could do a round of glycolic peels to to tone down hyperpigmentation from cystic acne. She thought it would be a great idea, yet didn't take into consideration that I have been using Epiduo (2.5% BP and .1% Adapalene) for the last month. Adapalene is a derivative of vitamin A, and is structurally similar to tretinoin, supposedly without as much irritation. Nonetheless, I have since found out that you should stop using all vitamin A derived topicals roughly five days before a chemical peel, and currently have superficial burns from the glycolic acid all over my cheekbones, jawline, and forehead. Needless to say, I wasn't charged for the peel, nor was it applied improperly. I simply am hypersensitive to glycolic acid. The burns are slowly fading, and I was instructed to use Aloe Vera gel and moisturize the area more than usual. Any other solutions to speed up healing and soothe the irritation?

Edited by JordanM98, 28 August 2013 - 09:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users