Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allergic To Bp?

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

About a year ago, I was put on an acne prescription that involved the use of clindamycin and BP together. After initially buying 10% max, since it was all CVS provided, I found that it thoroughly rid of my most of my acne in a few days. However, it stung so badly that I would actually had to fidget around to deal with the pain as it wore off. Well after a three days my skin completely crusted over, I mean when I smiled my cheeks cracked. My skin completely seared together and it took weeks for my face to recover. I gave it up and just now found the regimen online. I've been using 3% micro-Bp for the last week and a half (I have Dan's BP coming in this week) and worked my way up to applying 2x a day. There is a slight stinging after applying moisturizer, which now subsides. Should I continue usage?

let your skin be your guide, everyone is different.....clearly the 10% BP was way too strong, so it wasn't necessarily an allergic reaction it was just too strong...a lower % like the 3% you are using is much gentler, so keep it up for a few more days and see how your skin reacts

stop if there is any lingering redness, you don't want a repeat of the last episode....but you may find the 3%, or Dan's 2.5% makes all the difference

good luck!

1 person likes this

Thank you for the reply,

I coincidentally started the regimen on the same week that I vacationed at a lakehouse, meaning basically constant sun exposure. I bought neutrogena oil-free moisture with SPF 35 and that did a fairly nice job at protecting me. I did notice a slight redness but it went away in a day or two and now my entire body is the same level of tan. Now I start college, so I won't be outside for very long in the coming months

1 person likes this

Good luck to you in college, and hopefully the new skin care routine works for you.

While there keep up with it, even though the hours may be late/early, change those pillow cases every few days, and lots of water - but have fun!