25 replies to this topic

#21 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

The biggest downfalls to taking Beyaz is that there is no generic and it's making my breasts way too large. (My B cups used to be a little too large for me and now I spill out of them...). I know I've mentioned my breasts growing earlier in this post, but I really thought they'd go down by now. The tenderness has for the most part, but the size has only increased. This is NOT a good thing, because...as I've mentioned...I'm a runner and it's very distracting and annoying to have a larger breast size. I know that this isn't related to acne, but I figured if girls are concerned about this kind of thing, then they'd be interested to know about this side effect.

I'm not quite 3 months into it yet, but I want to give it enough time to let my hormones really even out and get used to it. I have a feeling it will take longer than 3 months though....
Really hoping it's before February (basic training).... :-/

Edited by heitea, 03 November 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#22 catherin

catherin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

I've had mirena iud for the past 15 months and my acne is just getting worst and im not sure if the IUD is contributing to my acne, help im so desperate!
I have decided to remove it. I have an appointment next week i plan on taking pills that are said to help with acne, i hope i can take one thats gunna help. :/

#23 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

I've had mirena iud for the past 15 months and my acne is just getting worst and im not sure if the IUD is contributing to my acne, help im so desperate!
I have decided to remove it. I have an appointment next week i plan on taking pills that are said to help with acne, i hope i can take one thats gunna help. :/

My acne only got worse and worse while I had the Mirena IUD in. By the third year, my acne was reaching all the way down my neck. It was so terrible. I had cysts all along my jawline.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea to get it taken out. Be sure to get right back on a birth control that has estrogen in it! Don't get pregnant if you don't want to!!

Ask for a combination pill that is monophasic. That will help to keep your hormones nice and regulated. Did you have acne at all before your Mirena?

#24 catherin

catherin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

My acne only got worse and worse while I had the Mirena IUD in. By the third year, my acne was reaching all the way down my neck. It was so terrible. I had cysts all along my jawline.
Anyway, I think it's a good idea to get it taken out. Be sure to get right back on a birth control that has estrogen in it! Don't get pregnant if you don't want to!!
Ask for a combination pill that is monophasic. That will help to keep your hormones nice and regulated. Did you have acne at all before your Mirena?

I had acne before, but it was very light but now around my period i get big painful cysts, and that didnt happen before mirena, i just hope this works because i have tried everything! :/

#25 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

I had acne before, but it was very light but now around my period i get big painful cysts, and that didnt happen before mirena, i just hope this works because i have tried everything! :/

That's similar to how my acne was, as well. I hope it works for you too!! :D

#26 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:47 AM

Update! Just wanted to write here in case people are searching for answers regarding Beyaz and happen to run across my log.

I am about to finish my fourth pack on Beyaz (on the non-hormone pills today)! On 11/19/25, I was at the end of my third pack and just about to start my period. I had a bit of a breakout then, and had decided to go see a dermatologist. He was happy to see that I was on Beyaz and was especially happy that I told him I was no longer getting regular cystic acne because of it. However, I still had gotten 1-2 random cysts over the course of the three Beyaz packs. I asked the dermatologist for Spironolactone, an anti-androgen medication that blocks the hormones that cause hormonal acne. The dermatologist assured me that I would only continue to improve on Beyaz, but I insisted on trying it because I had read so much about it. He said he doesn't prescribe it to people who aren't on birth control, so I was in luck, and he told me to take 25mg- 2x a day. I started off with that dose, but slowly backed down to 25mg a day-1x a day.

I have not had a cyst since starting it, and my skin only gets better each day. I'm now working on getting rid of my red marks, which I'm doing so by using Differin .1% in conjuction with Paula's Choice 5% AHA. I switch them each night-- so M, W, Th, and Saturdays, I'll use Differin, and then the other days, I use AHA. It's helping!

I will say that I think if I hadn't gone on the Spiro, my skin would still be improving. It would have taken longer, though-- but I don't have much time! I leave for basic training in February (1.5 months)!!! *nervous* eusa_shifty.gif

ADD: Also-- in case anyone was wondering-- my breast size has decreased a tiny bit and they're not sore at all anymore! Thankfully :) My running is no longer affected! Such a relief...seriously...

Edited by heitea, 15 December 2013 - 10:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users