Photo

Anyone Taking A Multivitamin Or Vitamins That Seemed To Have Helped Acne?

vitamin-d zinc-gluconate vitamins to cure acne help

27 replies to this topic

#21 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

B-complexes break me out, but actually those multis didn't although they contain a high % of B12. I think it's because they have so many other useful nutrients that it's balanced out, even the biotin they contain is nothing compared to the % of skin, hair & nail supplements. For me, they helped me stay clear for 2 years after a bad outbreak of cystic acne. But after 2 years of taking them the acne returned, so I guessed that initially the multi addressed vitamin & mineral deficiencies, but lost its effectiveness eventually because I took it for 2 years without a break. It's good to take a break or switch up your multis every 6 months or so. I will return to at some point, but right now I'm taking a break from all multis.

#22 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, EVERYTHING BUT MATH. :)
    I want to try and see pretty much everything!

Achievements

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

WishClean - do you see an increase in breakouts/oiliness in your skin when you use multivitamins with those higher in those B vitamins?

I don't like most multivitamins for the same reason of tolerance and such. That one in particular is very pricy and contains Biotin (something I've been trying to avoid - just testing it out).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack - I'm sorry to hear that! Did you use too much of it? I know I have to slowly make my way up to the full dose of AHA. For me honey and / or green tea is really helpful in healing irritated skin. I try to maintain a good balance of natural and good-for-you chemicals. In the end AHA is the beeeeest for dark marks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikki - Wonderful!! I don't know what it is about magnesium but I can tell that of all of my vitamins I purchased it is doing the most good. Even if my acne stays as is, I'll be happy with the high levels of energy and optimism I have at this very moment.

I think my acne may have a lot to do with my makeup. I don't know how to go to work without it, I work at a country club and they would probably drop their jaws in horror if I went bare-faced to work. I really need to find a perfect makeup (even if I end up having to make it myself!) and then I'll be set.

*** Right now I am on my second day of my Paula's Choice Clear (Regular Strength) Acne Two-Week Trial Kit ***

I must say I haven't seen any difference, but I don't expect to see much until the end of my bottles. I also bought a sample of her BHA 9 for my nose.

I have to say that for having salicylic acid (something that I thought once irritated the sh*t out of my skin) it hasn't irritated me at all. The BHA 9 also has oat kernel (I am gluten sensitive), but it hasn't caused me any issues either. I'm going to keep my blog updated. smile.png

Now that you mention it, I started limiting the amount of makeup I wear everyday and I think that is helping me as well! I wear probably a fourth of a dime size now. I was wearing maybe a quarter size a month ago... Been using Revlon colorstay the past several months. My skin hasn't been this great in forever. Yeah, my scars still show to an extent but so what! I work at the estee lauder cosmetics counter and I don't care! Haha. .I just kind of figured that since my body likes to detox through my face, masking it with makeup would just make the zits worse and a lot bigger. After all, I never even had acne til I started wearing makeup! Its just gotten worse and worse over the years since working at a cosmetics counter experimenting with everything. You should try not wearing as much, until you get down to none..see if it helps! I cut down gradually and I'm noticing the improvements. But then again, I also eat a lot less carbs than before and am doing a bunch of other things as well. Since I started almost everything at once, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you what's working for me. I'm very happy that my digestion has normalized though because I'm very sure that has a lot to do with everything!

Interesting, it seems as though everyone I bump into on this site use Revlon Colorstay.. That stuff makes me look like like the creature from the black lagoon. I still can't find anything that doesn't break me out. :|

#23 BlackBettyBamBaLam

BlackBettyBamBaLam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

I take vitamin B5, but I megadose on it right before I eat, helps with fat digestion. It has helped tremendously and I actually see results overnight. 

#24 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

I take vitamin B5, but I megadose on it right before I eat, helps with fat digestion. It has helped tremendously and I actually see results overnight. 

Wow, what a statement! I actually just pulled up your post "Pantothenic Acid Works For Me" haha! :P

Do you take any other B vitamins, multivitamins, or just B5 / Pantothenic acid? Also, what do you consider a mega dose and have you experienced any negative side effects at all? And... one last question, how long have you been taking them?? Very curious to see how it's working for you!

#25 BlackBettyBamBaLam

BlackBettyBamBaLam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

Wow, what a statement! I actually just pulled up your post "Pantothenic Acid Works For Me" haha! tongue.png

Do you take any other B vitamins, multivitamins, or just B5 / Pantothenic acid? Also, what do you consider a mega dose and have you experienced any negative side effects at all? And... one last question, how long have you been taking them?? Very curious to see how it's working for you!

About a year now...I get the 500mcg capsules and usually take 20 a day, so like 5-7 when I eat. When I first started, I got an upset stomach but that's the only bad thing I noticed, and it went away after about a week or so. It's got to be what's doing it because I stopped taking it for a month and broke out really bad. It's annoying but you really have to keep on top of taking it. Um, I sometimes take B12 and omega-3 fish oil, but not religiously. 

#26 sorbet

sorbet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:photography, reading, running, art, music, cooking

Achievements

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

Interesting, it seems as though everyone I bump into on this site use Revlon Colorstay.. That stuff makes me look like like the creature from the black lagoon. I still can't find anything that doesn't break me out. neutral.gif

Try Alima Pure! Seriously, it's the only thing I can use that doesn't break me out. You can get trial sizes from their website really cheap. 

#27 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Interesting, it seems as though everyone I bump into on this site use Revlon Colorstay.. That stuff makes me look like like the creature from the black lagoon. I still can't find anything that doesn't break me out. neutral.gif

Try Alima Pure! Seriously, it's the only thing I can use that doesn't break me out. You can get trial sizes from their website really cheap. 

You're amazing!! That's much cheaper than Ultra Pure and they seem like a wonderful company! Ordering my samples as I type this. :) Thanks a million

#28 sorbet

sorbet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:photography, reading, running, art, music, cooking

Achievements

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

You're amazing!! That's much cheaper than Ultra Pure and they seem like a wonderful company! Ordering my samples as I type this. smile.png Thanks a million

Haha no worries! I hope it suits your skin, I'm sure it will as there's only like four ingredients. I love love love them, their eyeshadows are beautiful too, they're the only thing I use now haha.

It's great when you find something that works!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users